It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trying to get into the minds of satanists, or anyone who knows their goals

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 08:04 PM
link   
What are their fruits? What attraction could there possible be in burning in eternal hellfire? Are they kind of like sado, or are they attracted to raw power?

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I'm not a satanist but do know some of the "teachings"
Its a very self centered religion their cerimonies are ment to poke fun at christians. The general rule of a satanist is to do what ever you want. Human nature is key. They don't advocate violence but they also don't condemn it either and if someone causes you pain (physical or mental) you return that pain 20 fold. I don't know what they believe about the afterlife

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Hhmmm. would it be too much trouble to tell me the source of your teachings?

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 09:47 PM
link   
There's different types of satanism too.
en.wikipedia.org...

Well what would attract me to satanism is the fact that it would piss off a lot of people just to know I practice it.

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 09:59 PM
link   
sorry went away for a awhile
The Satanic Bible is the source you can find a copy at just about any bookstore.
I have also read interviews from King Diamond (heavy metal singer) whose is an outspoken satanist.
Hope this helps some

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 10:51 PM
link   
All right. Thanks guys. I just have 2 problems with buying the bookstore book. 1. the accusing eyes, (which are actually kind of fun until it gets to my dad, then it gets to the "son, are you on drugs?" speech) 2. There are no bookstores around here.

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 01:10 AM
link   
hey Arkham
The author of the Satanic Bible is Anton Lavey. Weird fella he's credited with starting the modern Satanic religion. I'd give you a link but I have no idea how. Sorry
Try google
peace

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Followers of Anton would be openly discredited by him were he still alive today.

A friend of mine is a Grotto Master of his Local Order - and I've never seen him do anything all that "outrageous". He's very private, very serious type of person. If anything, you have to be on your toes around him because he sees right through BS and doesn't tolerate any of it.

Cug

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arkham
What are their fruits? What attraction could there possible be in burning in eternal hellfire? Are they kind of like sado, or are they attracted to raw power?

Well a satanist does not believe in Hell, in fact many of them are atheists (Church of Satan) and the theists like the Temple of Set, see Set (ie Satan) more as a friend figure than a "god."

All right. Thanks guys. I just have 2 problems with buying the bookstore book.

Just google the satanic bible.. it's sure to be on-line somewhere. That reminds me of a friend I had back in my metal days.. he was Sooooooooo disappointed there was nothing "evil" in the satanic bible.

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 01:39 AM
link   
What on earth do you people think that Satanism is? Just because the word satan is in there it automatically means that they are following the teachings of Satan and thus will burn in hell? What a bunch of noncense. The name Satanism is just a phrase to shock the christians and show how easily they condemn other ways of life without actually knowing the teachings.

First there are various streams of Satanism. There is Luciferian, Modern, Levayan, Church of Set and much more. This path of life is also called the Left Hand Path, that of the ego. You could say that these people in general are egotistical, but they are not. They just understand the fundaments of helping themselves first before being able to help others properly. All teachings are very logical summing up of how everyone lives their daily lives. Only the ignorant practitioners will get into it with the idea of getting raw people and wealth and who knows what. It is true that people on the satanist path indulge themselves in a lot of things, but is that bad? Nope, because every human being has the right to enjoy live to the fullest as they see fit.

Satanist don't talk about Christianity and don't oppose it. Only the ignorant, new practitioner of that path will talk constantly about how bad christianity is.

Here we're trying to put some sense into a 15 year old who wants to do Satanism We don't try to convert or get someone to turn a path in life down. Instead it is important to inform and allow people to make their own decisions. God gave free will for a reason.
Even more information if you take the time for it

FAQ: What is Satanism?
Answer: Satanism classes as an "auto-theistic" belief system and/or philosophy in the first instance, meaning that Satanists believe in the divinity of Self but are not necessarily united on the divinity of anything other than Self, including Satan. There are two primary divisions of Satanism which subsequently fall into additional subdivisions. The first of these is "Theistic Satanism" which holds that Satan is a literal Being/Force who can be invoked/evoked and worshipped the same as any other god. The second is generally classed as "Philosophical Satanism" which holds that Satan is more a Principle/Force of Mind/Nature residing within individuals themselves. Not all Satanists are strictly of the one camp or the other however as Satanism is a highly individualistic philosophy that often blends a little from both sides. Philosophical Satanism (also referred to as Modern Satanism) is popularly attributed to the writings of Anton LaVey who established the Church of Satan in the mid 1960's, though in more recent years LaVey's part in the development of Philosophical Satanism has been challenged, many feeling that the real credit more properly belongs to Eliphas Levi and a trickling down of individuals who came after him. Theistic Satanism boasts a number of divisions within its ranks including Traditional Satanism, Gnostic Satanism, Diabolism and others, though none of these has ever really demonstrated any definite historical lineage to date. Between these two camps there seem to be new forms of Satanism emerging almost daily as Satanism is an emerging cross-cultural movement still finding itself and therefor evolving at an astonishing rate. Very few things tie it all together in any clear-cut fashion. (author: m1thr0s)

FAQ: Isn't Satanism Just Reverse-Christianity?
Answer: The christian belief teaches that any being outside of the christian god is evil, and worshipping any other god is an act of turning away from god. So, in accordance with this definintion, anything outside of christian worship is considered false, and therefore, evil. Does this mean that people have been evil since they first created gods to worship? No, an answer like that hardly makes sense when you consider the diversity of the many cultures and gods that have permeated our existence. According to the actual history of mankind, there have been thousands of gods since people have first recorded them. Many cultures, for thousands of years before the bible was even written, created their own supreme beings to deal with the forces of nature. They did not understand nature and science, and so had created archetypes to name these things. This in itself, is not worship of false Idols, but it is how we as humans, have tried to reach out into the unknown and name it.
Religions like Buddhism, which emerged 600 years before christ, were part of the development of the social culture of the world. Hinduism, a religion with many gods, came into existence over 1500 years before that. Most of our satanic (religious) beliefs come from aincent cultures like egypt, sumeria and old europe. The name of Satan was errantly translated from the greek, and its meaning, is Adversary. Any god outside of the judaic belief, is gods adversary. It is also said that the name came from the aincent Egyptian god, Set and his followers, who were called "Setians". This means that the practices and beliefs within a satanist's culture are not anti-christian, but are a part of history that we try to keep alive through our beliefs. (author: venus666)

[edit on 3-6-2006 by Enyalius]

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 01:44 AM
link   
I was a Satanist for many years. I won't go into the personal struggles I had with religion, but I will tell you that for MANY years I researched a great number of different religions trying to find one that "fit" into my own personal beliefs and ideas. At that time, I found myself relating to and understanding Satanism. What most people do not know, due to lack of person education and closed minds on their part, is that Satanism (as practiced thru the teachings of Anton Levay) is not Devil Worshipping. In fact, other than the term "Satan", it has nothing to do with the Christian ideaology of the deity Satan (Lucifer). There is no Heaven & Hell, God and Satan, Good & Evil, Angel & Demon ideas to Satanism.

I'm not going to sit here and give you the entire background of, basis for, or education about Satanism. You can do that yourself. However, I will tell you that from my own studies and research when I was a Satanist, the term "Satan" translate to SELF. Satanism is about Self Indulgence. You do not believe in God, you do not believe in The Devil, You believe in YOURSELF.

Now I do understand that 100 people can read a book and you will get 100 different answers if you were to ask them what they thought the book intended. So before anyone decides to jump in here with backtalk and insults, I am going to say that my statements were based on MY OWN personal dealings with and about Satanism and not based on "I heard.." "I was told.." "I read somewhere.." or an uneducated "I thought.." or the one I found the funniest back when I was a self practicing Satanist ..."I saw in a movie one time.."

If you want to read more on the subject, please feel free to visit the website for The Church of Satan

I am open to discuss anything and everything about the matter with you or anyone else, but for the record I am no longer a Satanist. Again, I won't go into boring personal details, but I do consider myself to be a man of God (and that story may get told on ATS someday too)

Take Care

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 11:41 AM
link   
First off, the forum you speak of is disabled. Second off, don't get ticked at me because there are no satanist where I live. I knew that satanist were usually self-indulging. The Christian church I go to shuns science. So I need more room for enlightenment. This is a very diverse board, the internet is open to anyone who feels like they know. But I can at least cross reference the info here at ATS.

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Please note,
this thread will be moved to the appropriate Religion & Spirituality forum in BTS

I don't see from reading the posts here that there is a Paranormal connection.

top topics

join