It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EVE Online

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 11:10 PM
link   

The two worst things about the game are the time it takes to travel

Use Afterburners and Microwarpdrives(500 % speed increase) as well as Jump Clones are there for your use. Navigation also ups your speed as well as a few other skills. From what I've read, you can get a frigate to have a topspeed in excess of 2500 m/s.

the time it takes to aquire skills, some of which take a month to aquire.

Train your Learning skills. Your Attributes determine how long a skill takes to train. Skills also train while you are logged off so it's not as if you have to grind for XP. There are also Implants you can plug in to increase you skills and attributes. You just never learned how to play the game in order to enjoy it properly, which I'm told happens at around the month to month and a half mark. Funny, WoW and just about every MMOG I've ever played have been like that too.

[edit on 17-7-2006 by sardion2000]

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 12:34 AM
link   
nvrmnd...

[edit on 18-7-2006 by sardion2000]

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Yeah, I find the worst things about any rpg is they have so many skills, and I never really know what they do, so I end up being really sucky at everything

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I jump back and forth between mining and shootin' pirates. I'll go mining omber in .5 security space (about medium), wait for pirates to show up, dock, bring out the destroyer and shoot up the bad boys. Then, do some more mining.

Eve is not for people who want to be in the meat of it in 3 days. Won't happen. It rewards people with the patience (and finances) to train the skills, develop the know how and have some fun.

I'm going to see how long I can survive and prosper on my own, with no alliances or corporate memberships. I found me a nice little quiet spot (and profitable) to run my miner and still be close to some action.

Look me up....Meestapenni. I'm usually in-game about 5 pm Central time.

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vegemite
Yeah, I find the worst things about any rpg is they have so many skills, and I never really know what they do, so I end up being really sucky at everything

Don't worry about it in eve. The only thing you can waste is time as I believe there is no upper limit to how many skills you can train. Which is why training your Learning skills before all else is imperitive. Here is the best way to train that way(it will take about 5 weeks to do it all though so I'm doing it in stages(I have a 6 month account so I got time heh))

Instant Recall - Level 1
Analytical Mind - Level 1
Learning - Level 1
Instant Recall - Level 2
Analytical Mind - Level 2
Learning - Level 2
Instant Recall - Level 3
Analytical Mind - Level 3
Learning - Level 3
Instant Recall - Level 4
Analytical Mind - Level 4
Learning - Level 4

Up to here only takes about a week and cuts down immensely on all Intellect and Memory skills. You may also want to get the other learning skills as well. Forget the Charisma one as that is only usefull for Corporate CEO's and such.

Instant Recall - Level 5
Eidetic Memory - Level 1
Eidetic Memory - Level 2
Eidetic Memory - Level 3
Eidetic Memory - Level 4
Analytical Mind - Level 5
Logic - Level 1
Logic - Level 2
Logic - Level 3
Logic - Level 4
Learning - Level 5

Oh the reason why you need to do these before the other learning skills is because all learning skills primary/secondary attributes are Mem/Int. Training them first will allow you to fly through the other skills in comparatively little time and after that you will train through just about every skill up to lvl 4 in a snap and when you decide to specialize, even that won't take as long.

[edit on 19-7-2006 by sardion2000]

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 07:50 AM
link   
For a quick(Took me 25 minutes in total training time and 10 minutes in travelling time in a Shuttle) 105 % speed increase train in this order and buy the requisite equipment.

Navigation I
Afterburner I
1-10MN Afterburner I

For a long term speed increase of 500 % do this train this next. It will prolly take me two week if I continue to keep switching between learning and practical skills.
Navigation II to IV
Afterburner II to IV
High Speed Manuevering I
1-10MN Micro Warp Drive I

Note: The 1 MN Drive is for Frigates and the 10 MN is for Cruisers.

The main penalty for the Afterburner is a mass increase, main penalty for the Warp Drive is a Signature Radius increase(the larger it is, the easier you are to hit).

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Another neat thing you can look at on the Map view is the number of ships destroyed. You can easily pinpoint the location of large battles taking place between Player Corporations. Some of these corporations are part of alliances who has manpower in the thousands. Largest Alliance I believe has 4000+ members...

can you tell me how you make it so you can see that......maybe then i will no wut areas to stay away from lol

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Press F10 to get to the Galaxy Map

In the World Map Control Panel click on the Display Settings Tab

Click on the Stars Tab

Here you can do all sorts of things. The best way to avoid conflicts is to avoid 0.4 and lower security space.

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 07:27 PM
link   
So anyone else in Gellante Space wanna help me an MrPenni mine? Basically we could use either another miner or another destroyer or cruiser pilot to help out with mining in lower security space (0.4 and lower). The lower we go, the riskier it gets.

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Good idea. I need just a bit more income to purchase a cruiser for decent security.

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 05:27 PM
link   
yo i sent in my check threw the mail last friday and my account still hasent been reactiveated...how long dose it normaley take...im impatient and i cant spell

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by StephenR
yo i sent in my check threw the mail last friday and my account still hasent been reactiveated...how long dose it normaley take...im impatient and i cant spell

No idea. The Head offices are in Iceland so I'd give it another week. It could be held up in customs for all you know.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Hey, I'm a 5 month old Minmatar pirate/npcer.
Just a bit of advice to you miners: when you mine in low-security space, keep an eye on local for pirates like me. Just last night I killed a careless miner who didn't notice how many pirates were in system. Made 5 million isk from his strip miners.

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 02:37 PM
link   
bumped, cause there's gotta be more Eve-online players here.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 03:44 AM
link   
wow.. old thread..

anways .. Just resub'd back to EVE .. .. been about a month now .. got super tired of the fantasy based MMO's .. ugh

In a great start up corp and training for Amarr Indy V gonna take me 15days .. but I'll be able to fly my T2 cloaky hauler

anyone else still play .. ? They've re-vamped the tutorials and quite refreshing to say the least
as well as the inventory .. not to mention DUST514

Maybe see you guys in there.. ?

ETA: here's some awesome video to get you started in EVE

~Komodo
edit on 21-10-2012 by Komodo because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-10-2012 by Komodo because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join