It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Veteran Sues Moore over Farenhiet 9/11

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 01:26 PM
link   
A veteran who lost both arms in the war in Iraq is suing filmmaker Michael Moore for $85 million, alleging that Moore used snippets of a television interview without his permission to falsely portray him as anti-war in "Fahrenheit 9/11."

See the full atricle at @
ABC news

I can see more people sueing Micheal Moore when the truth starts to come out(if it does)

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Covered here, please close the thread.

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aelita

Covered here, please close the thread.

We allow duality between ATS and ATSNN material.

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I think the guy has a case, if only to make the media more accountable.

There are many examples of Michael Moore corrupting the meaning of respondents, in this docudrama and others he has made. He is a big fat liar, imo.

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by cmdrkeenkid
We allow duality between ATS and ATSNN material.

thanks for pointing that out.

And to becky... ' he is a big fat Liar'
that is indeed true. I reckon he was paid a S**t load of money to whitewash 9/11. I think $85 Million is a bit drastic for using shots from an interview. But he should deffinetly be sued when all the truth about 9/11 comes out. Cause people think to themselves 'but micheal moore said' when all he said was lies to cover up the real truth.

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Here are some figures on how much the movie made:

TOTAL LIFETIME GROSSES
Domestic: $119,194,771 53.6%
+ Foreign: $103,251,549 46.4%

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

= Worldwide: $222,446,320

www.boxofficemojo.com...

He can well afford it.

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I don't personally like Michael Moore's view on many things, and people eat up that his view is the right one. The same could be said for Fox news view on many subjects.

I like to see all the points of views I can, and try to decide for myself. $85 million seems like a lot of money to sue for, but compared to the McDonalds hot coffee suit this seems more important.

In my opinion I wouldn't put it past Michael Moore to edit an interview to his point of view. But that is what you get with documentary entertainment.

top topics

join