It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For the survivalist who has it all...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 11:42 PM
link   
NOTE: I am posting this simply as a curiousity, I have no connection to the seller of this item.

cgi.ebay.com...

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Thats cool, I wonder if you can live there, adn btw, how did he ever purchase that from the government, or did he make it himself?

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 12:16 AM
link   
They can be bought, there is a talented Writer here that wrote a story which in members of ATS lived together in a silo just as the one linked above. Was a very good read, and I was looking forward to more.

This is for real real though, those silos can be bought, not cheap but not too bad either in my opinion. If there were any in the Michigan area I would be all for going in on one.

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Heres a legit site that sells Missile Silos all over the US. Ive seen the owner of this site on TV, some of the silos are made really nice with 45,000 + sq. ft. floor-space.

www.missilebases.com...

Prices vary alot depending on size, locations and condition (theres some real fixer uppers)

Its kind of cool knowing that if you own one of these your house is still going to be there after pretty much every current above ground structure on the planet is long gone. Underground and the way these things are made they would last for many thousands of years.

[edit on 1-6-2006 by ShadowXIX]

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Gawd how I love ebay. I've always thought that a silo could be a good investment especially if it's one situated on a lot of land.

I especially love the sellers name, siloboy2 which of course means someone beat him to siloboy and siloboy1.

Heres a link to a website that sells missile bases:

www.missilebases.com...

Not missile bases but if you ever have the money and want to get midevil on somebodies backside:

www.castles-for-sale.com...

edit: D'oh! Shadow beat me to the missile site!

SPiderj

[edit on 6/1/2006 by Spiderj]

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 12:44 AM
link   
The only trouble is, your location is not exactly secret.

"Number 81, Silo Rd, Minot N. Dakota" wouldn't exactly be hard to find.

Plus, I'm sure the feds have all kinds of "back doors" and secret rooms they don't tell you about, just in case Branch Davidians or Breathairians buy a silo and try to go independent of the ole U.S. of A.

Which is why my bunker is built completely from scratch . . . .

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Thats NY silo on Missilebases.com is sweet

20 acres of land
(FAA approved) 2050' runway
generator & new well
$2.3 million luxury home above ground
20,000 square feet of useable space in the silo

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 01:22 AM
link   
An underground building or silo seems like it would be a big improvement compared to the house I live in now. No more waking up at all hours hearing noisy birds or neighbors. Lots of space. Can sleep whenever you want to when you aren't working. Then an extra high security fence to stop neighbors from acting like they can take over a foot or two of your land here and there.

...and you could invite friends over and laugh at them when they freak out over your emergency nuclear warhead detection alarm system you custom installed to scare the living daylights out of your friends.

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by orionthehunter
you could invite friends over and laugh at them when they freak out over your emergency nuclear warhead detection alarm system you custom installed to scare the living daylights out of your friends.

That's what I'm talking about, not only that but a total destruction count down timer would put the trimmings on it.

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by ADVISOR

That's what I'm talking about, not only that but a total destruction count down timer would put the trimmings on it.

Great idea, I just forgot that part.

I could add to the drama by adding "I hope my friend is around, the system takes two keys to deactivate and he has the other key!"

After a little while I might add that I have a spare key but I'll need one of my present friends to carefully follow instructions or the countdown timer will accelerate.

I don't know what a modern day missle silo would be like without the routine total destruction count down timer like you see in all the sci-fi movies.

top topics

join