It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the NHL fixed?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 07:11 AM
link   
The only league that's fixed is the NFL. It's all about the betting. You can see it when all the money goes on one team and the line still moves in their favour.

How is this possible? The Vegas bookmakers control it and the Mob controls the Vegas bookmakers.

You didn't really think the Patriots were going to go undefeated last year, did you? Vegas cleaned up on that one.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheComte
The only league that's fixed is the NFL. It's all about the betting. You can see it when all the money goes on one team and the line still moves in their favour.

How is this possible? The Vegas bookmakers control it and the Mob controls the Vegas bookmakers.

You didn't really think the Patriots were going to go undefeated last year, did you? Vegas cleaned up on that one.

No they went undefeated because they had an easy schedule and Tom Brady is this generations Johnny Unitas.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by FSBlueApocalypse

No they went undefeated because they had an easy schedule and Tom Brady is this generations Johnny Unitas.

What are you talking about? They lost in the Super Bowl. But there was heavy betting on them to win so Vegas cleaned up.

Here's what to watch for: If the line is say -3.5 for, say the Bills, to win a game. They are favoured and there is much betting on them to cover that spread. Most of the money is going on the Bills. But then the line moves to -2.5 so that just encourages even heavier betting on the Bills. Called a bait game. You know something's up. Take the underdog.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   
If its fixed then why in the world have the Kings have yet to win the cup? You would think that they would want to generate some love down there, but no they give it to the Ducks? I hate that team and all their rich Anaheim fans. Those people boo at the ref's when they call icing. Give me a break.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by darkside_ofthe_moon

I realize this is an old post, but may I add there has strangely been in place an edict by the NHL whereby anyone can beat the crap out of Peter Forsberg and get away with it. Also, the moment I saw you were from Edmonton, I knew where it was going. Both Avs and Oilers just dont have it - and the redwings do, god eternally darn them.

ColoradoJens

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheComte

Originally posted by FSBlueApocalypse

What are you talking about? They lost in the Super Bowl. But there was heavy betting on them to win so Vegas cleaned up.

Here's what to watch for: If the line is say -3.5 for, say the Bills, to win a game. They are favoured and there is much betting on them to cover that spread. Most of the money is going on the Bills. But then the line moves to -2.5 so that just encourages even heavier betting on the Bills. Called a bait game. You know something's up. Take the underdog.

If there was a mass conspiracy to fix the Super Bowl, it wouldn't have stayed that way for long. The last major "Fix" I can remember was a Florida State QB took acouple thousand dollars to throw a game against NC State. You can't tell me everyone was kept quiet on it? This isn't the Black Sox era when players were payed nada and had incentive to take oodles of cash handed to them.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join