It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Critique My Art

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Hello All. I'm a musician/artist, and have been working on some artwork for my music group, and I thought I'd ask you guys what you thought of them. They're all made using photoshop.

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Well, I think they're all very good. I like the first one the best and the last one second.

Where did the name "ocean over" come from?

What does the first picture represent? Looks 'Matrix-y" I love it.

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 02:21 PM
link   
As a Graphic Design Student, I'll throw in my two cents.

Alot of your items you've been taking from google, I can tell that much. Alot of them are very low rez and pixalated, not a good thing. Scan images from magazines or photos (first and second generation) instead of taking and expanding photos from the web (third generation)

also, dont expand a picture beyond its original size, which is what it looks like you did for some of them.

The third one down is also too blurry. Great idea, but it falls apart because the tree and its surroundings are too blurred. Try to use unsharpened mask in photoshop a bit. Just tweak with it to make the picture clearer and more crisp.

Your fourth one, no offence, is junk. All filters, no substance. Ease up on the filters, just because you have them doesnt mean you HAVE to use them.

To make the fourth better, mess with the contrast and unsharpen mask to get a better clarity before you start with glowing edges or find edges.

Fifth is okay, but nothing that stands out.

Sixth, again, stop using such pixalated images.

Seventh I like, but the background building is alittle flaky imo..doesnt feel right.

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Benevolent Heretic

The name Ocean Over comes from a song lyric by one of our favorite musicians, Jeff Buckley. In the song Dream Brother, the last line is "with the ocean washing over". We adapted it from there. If you haven't heard Jeff Buckley, you are detinitely missing out.

WolfOfWar

Thanks for the advice. About half the images are taken from Google, and the other half are from photos I've taken myself with a digital camera (I'll take pictures of things like ice or a wall to use the textures). The pixelation is intentional (I specifically find small photos to blow them up to get that effect, as the photoshop effects that simulate this often look weird). The art is meant to express the use of technology to replace the organic. How the natural world is slowly being replaced by cell phones and I-Pods. And I agree, the fourth image is pretty bad. It's one of the first ones I ever did.

top topics

join