It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

High-Res McMinville UFO Photos

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Leto
Just to demonstrate how unreliable these photos are, here's my rendition of one of them, look to see if you can see the difference:
mywebpages.comcast.net...

Heh. You've acomplished just the opposite. Your manipulation of the photo is blatantly obvious, demonstrating just how reliable the originals are.

I'm working with them to create another 3-D stereo pair, but there are some difficulties. The photo showing the underside of the disc appears to be a contact print from another print. So some of the resolution and contrast has been screwed up.

Also, the prints were apparently processed in two different labs. There's a weird distortion in them that you wouldn't expect from two photos taken relatively close together by the same camera, if they were processed by the same lab. I'm able to extract some depth information from them, but I'm having to do it in a way that I don't like.

Anyway, this saucer kind of reminds me of Project Silverbug. Doesn't it? Hmmm...

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I currently am studying to be a dental assistant in Washington State. My mother lives in McMinnville Oregon right now. I have a friend who lost his father due to investigating the UFO phenomenon who is form McMinnville. McMinnville is a real weird place to be in. It’s an isolated suburb of Portland, about 45 minutes away. There is a high number of law enforcement and CIA with in that community. Now I don’t know if those pictures are real or not, but I due know that McMinnville it self is a real eerie place to be in. If you are interested in UFO activities in that are of the county look into Paul Shockley, Ron Rummle, and Phil Schneider. Phil is dead and Ron is dead and Paul is almost dead. I feel I’m the last of a dying breed. I read Ron’s alien digest subscriptions back in McMinnville and talk to Paul many times, only because I know is grandson. I’m kind of scared to even give this much of information away, but I feel I have to, so there death are not in vain.

[edit on 26-5-2006 by nwomi]

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by rand
Yeah, the analyses always amused me. They had the negatives in hand for quite some time, apparently.

So why, then, instead of just analyzing the negatives, didn't anyone do the one sensible thing here: give them to a competent lab technician and have some decent enlargements made?

The history of the negative are in the links that I posted, including the scientists who analyzed them. The negatives were analyzed by leading professionals.

Taken from: www.mcmenamins.com...

Attention was refocused on the photos again in the late ‘60s. The US Air Force, in conjunction with the University of Colorado, commissioned an investigation into the UFO phenomenon (aka the Condon Committee.) The threeyear investigation, led by prominent physicist Edward U. Condon, aimed to thoroughly examine the evidence and determine once and for all if a case for the existence of UFOs could be made. It was during this investigation that the negatives convienantly resurfaced. 17-years lost, they turned up in a UPI file and were handed over to the skeptical Condon Committee.

Perhaps no other event solidified the Trent Case’s importance in UFO lore more than the findings of the Condon investigation. After years of exhaustive scientific inquiry, the authoritative committee concluded that, “…This is one of the few UFO reports in which all factors investigated…appear to be consistent with the assertion that an extraordinary flying object…flew within sight of two witnesses.”

Following the conclusion of the Condon report, the negatives were returned to UPI, and in 1970 they were sent back to the News-Register (formerly the Telephone Register) in McMinnville. When they arrived back at the paper, 20 years gone, the negatives had been tampered with considerably; someone had cropped the negatives, trimming down the edges and reducing their overall size so that parts of the original image were missing.

Taken from: www.mcmenamins.com...
As these things go, the debunkery spawned more investigation, and in 1975, respected UFO investigator and optical physicist Dr. Bruce Maccabee (and keynote speaker at McMenamins’ first UFO Festival) acquired the negatives. Maccabee, with his background in optical data processing at the US Naval Surface Warfare Center, put the photos to every kind of available test, seeking signs of fraud as well as data about the odd object suspended in space.

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by bruise

Originally posted by Goperang
Is this a joke?

People don't actually believe these things are real do they?

You can see the string holding up the UFO...

Actually these have been studied for over 50 years and have never been debunked.

Mcabee had sourced the original negatives on this one..and after his analysis could not support a hoax of anykind from the Man and his Wife responsible for taking the pictures.

Dallas

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 10:27 PM
link   
how do you know those prints aren't from the scanner??

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Goperang

Actually these have been studied for over 50 years and have never been debunked.

The perspective is all wrong, it would have to be a tiny ufo where it is., and also be flying at a weird angle, or a large ufo far away, but by the shading comparetive to the trees and house in the backround, this upject is close up.

And the most important part, is the hook and string partially visable on the top of the ufo.

What kind of glases do you wear and what number??? Sorry I don't mean to offend you but I've tried to use my whole imagination and basically I couldn't get even close to yours... Hook and string my **
Pfffffffffffffffff

[edit on 26-5-2006 by Telos]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join