It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Megilat Setarim "the scroll of secrets"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 02:40 AM
link   
For 200 years, a mysterious manuscript dictated by Rabbi Nachman of Bratslav to his two closest disciples has been a closely guarded secret within Bratslav Hasidism. Encoded in abbreviations, hints and acronyms, Bratslav tradition says that only one person in each generation has been handed the key to the manuscript's true meaning. Called the Megilat Setarim, the scroll of secrets, the manuscript's subject and theme is nothing less than the ultimate Jewish enigma and one of Judaism's paramount obsessions: the nature and identity of the Messiah - and even perhaps the exact timing of his arrival.

HERE'S A LINK TO THE FULL STORY
megilat setarim news link

so basically its code has been partially deciphered and is going to be published.
supposedly this code gives the nature and identity of the messiah.

Personally i think its a bunch of crap. but i thought it was interesting and so i figured i would share this piece of secret news with you guys and let you kick it around a bit.

Kind Regards,
digitalgrl

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 03:42 PM
link   
nobody has any thoughts on this? i thought it would be right up your alley lol!

Kind Regards,
Digitalgrl

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Sounds vague and, quite frankly, unconvincing. I think if this person is the "Messiah" he will infact be the anti-christ. However, that would be because I am a firm believer in Christianity. Sounds like horse-# if you ask me though.

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 09:24 AM
link   
The hasidics are interesting wrt the messiah. There are a lot of hasidic sects, like the lubbavitch and satmars. When the Grande Rebbi of the Lubbacitchers died a few years ago, the sect schismed. One portion wanted a new Rebbi as per usual. The other group said that the Rebbi was going to climb out of his grave, becuase he was the messiah, and that they can't have a new rebbie because he is still their rebbi.

This is similar to the idea of the occultation of Imam Mohammed Mahdi in Shia Islam, or the death, ressurection, and ascent into heaven of Jesus in Christianity.

The Chasidics also, I beleive, draw heavily upon the Kabbala and its esoteric traditions, so perhaps it makes sense that some of them would have a coded document.

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ryanp5555
Sounds vague and, quite frankly, unconvincing. I think if this person is the "Messiah" he will infact be the anti-christ.

There have been a lot of people claiming to be the messiah, both in the first century AD and, interestingly, the modern era. Such as the Lubavitcher Grade Rebbe, perhaps this other chasidic rebbe, or even, if we equate madhi with messiah, the Bab too.

Sounds like horse-# if you ask me though

As much horse hockey as a skinny carpenter who moved a big rock and flew into the sky?

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Certainly sounds like Kabbalist thinking,if you think about it majority of sectular religions have the proverbial ace up their sleeve makes them sound more enlightened or intriquing as it were

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 03:51 PM
link   
yea i think it is a load of crap myself...but i wanted to post it anyway just because some historians have been excited to get their hands on this age old material, and it is being presented as having some historical value, not that it is accurate but it is old lol. and this rabbai has finally agreed to decode and pubish it.

im curious to see what has been deciphered through these codes. i will take a guess that it is something ambiguous like the quatrains by nostradamus. nonetheless it would be interesting to read since it is so old and all.

Kind Regards,
Digitalgrl

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 06:17 PM
link   
nothing is ambiguous so much as hidden in meaning... what would you do if you knew the future? become a man such as george bush? or how about napolean? stalin? maybe hitler? all men who believed what they were doing was for the betterment of humanity... so if you knew the future would it not give you total power? what would you do with that power? maybe we are fortunate in having men like nostradamus who simply went mad instead of having them turn into tyrants... the future is not for humanity to realize... simply to experience... that is why its only after the events we realize what the prophets have said...

[email protected]

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by DigitalGrl

I don't know what you talk about, this link goes to a place about UFO's ;

"Russian Cameraman Records Flight of UFO"

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 05:56 PM
link   

quote: Sounds like horse-# if you ask me though

As much horse hockey as a skinny carpenter who moved a big rock and flew into the sky?

HAHAHAHAHAHA NOO to funny... never heard it put like that before.

So many people pretending to be the messia, why couldn't Jesus just pretend to be the messiah, and since people had no education then they beleive that he is the son of god... and there you go a new religion. Not as hard as it sounds huh.. think of how many people believe in televangalist lol, or the thousands who went to see those nuts who had actors pretend to go into seizers when he would touch them saying the devil has left them. Same thing could be for Islam, some guy goes to Jerusalem and sees the religion, brings it back to Mecca and twist it around so that he is the prophet instead. mm just thinking out loud.

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghaele

Originally posted by DigitalGrl

I don't know what you talk about, this link goes to a place about UFO's ;

Ghaele, you will have better result here:
failedmessiah.typepad.com...

the short' of it is; Rabbi Nachman of Breslov. created a 'secret' manuscript 200 years ago.
a Bar Illan University researcher has a copy of the secret manuscript.

the above site put it all public around April 2006, read it there

[edit on 6-8-2006 by St Udio]

new topics

top topics

join