It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do masons get more flack than others?

page: 1

join
share:
CX

posted on May, 20 2006 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I know i've been as guilty as others of thinking that masons use thier membership as a door to positions and many other things that they otherwise would'nt have access to, but what about non-masons doing similar?

Although it would be impossible to record the statistics, if you think about how many job positions must have been given to people just because of "who they knew", i'd like to bet that as masons are clearly less well presented than non-masons in the world, there are a lot more dodgy dealings and unfair happenings being orchestrated by people that will never see the inside of a masonic lodge.

For example, take these two scenarios:

Scenario 1: A guy (non-mason) goes for a job, has'nt quite got the skills but his dad (non-mason) plays golf with the boss (non-mason). He gets the job over someone who is perfectly skilled for the job, but a non-golfer.

Scenario 2: A mason goes for a job, has'nt quite got the skills but the boss is also a mason, he gets in with ease over other applicants who are skilled for the job.

What was the difference between the two? I see no difference. The first happens every day in every walk of life. People do favours for friends and often this nudges a few moral boundaries. Yet freemasonry seems to get totaly slated for this. As i said before, i'm as guilty as anyone for casting suspicions, however earlier after reading the post on this forum about "letters from people who have been screwed by masons", it got me thinking about the other side of the coin.

I know i've been screwed more times than i'd like to admit by employers and they were'nt masons. Do you think it's the whole secrecy thing that makes freemasonry a target? Maybe jealousy? Some could say that it's because freemasons get all the best jobs, but again i bet that more non-masons have high positions than masons, and a lot of those have been gained through friends favours.

CX.

join