It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clickbot.A "Voodoo" networks 34000 PCs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2006 @ 06:59 AM
link   
I'm not quite sure that this has occurred before. Some may find this interesting. To my best recollection this sort of scope of co-ordination hasn't been public before. I'm reasonably sure this happens more frequently than reported primarily in corporations. This bit of advertising fraud is a prime example of how we are all vulnerable 24/7/365. link

Click, click,

Victor K.

d1k

posted on May, 20 2006 @ 08:30 AM
link   
34000 PC's.....that's a hell of a lot. This troubles me as if it's possible to get 34000 PC's to cheat advertising clicking programs it would be just as possible to get 34000 PC's to be used for cyber attacks. One single high speed connection can attack (DOS attack) websites and people, can you imagine the absolute havok 35k computers could do? As it has not happened yet this is just a guess but I think you could disable a large portion of the internet if not the entire internet with an organized attack of 35k computers.

posted on May, 20 2006 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Yet another reason to move to Linux and ditch Windows / IE, I'm not really surprised.. Windows is such an open playform for this sort of thing.

posted on May, 20 2006 @ 11:31 AM
link   
This happens all the time.

If you look in the right places you can see people advertising networks of controlled computers for "sale", usually to send spam.

top topics

join