It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Belgian Teen Guns Down Immigrant Worker

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 10:30 PM
link   
A Belgian teenager who has been link to a far-right political movement shot dead two people and injured a third. The people how were killed were a black nanny(who was pregnant) and a two year old white girl in her care. The injured woman was of Turkish decent. The gunman was wounded and captured by police. He was identified as Hans van Themsche. A police spokeswoman said "He obviously was searching for people of foreign origin to shoot them down". "That's what he declared himself".

news.bbc.co.uk
A Belgian teenager accused of killing two people in a race attack in Antwerp has far-right family links, police say.

Hans van Themsche shot a pregnant black nanny from Mali and a two-year-old white girl in her care, before himself being shot and injured by police.

Mr Van Themsche, 18, also shot and injured a woman of Turkish descent.

"He obviously was in search of people of foreign origin to shoot them down. That's what he declared himself," a public prosecution spokeswoman said.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I watched the report on how this young man was able to obtain his weapon. He just walked into a shop and bought it. I didn't think it was possible that europe. Either way I don't think that will still be possible after this tragedy. Its also unsettling to see this kind of violence erupt in one of the most peaceful nations on the planet. You saw immigrants riot in France over the deaths of two youths. An incident like this could trigger a similar outburst of anger and frustration about the way immigrants perceive they are treated by society.

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 02:44 AM
link   
With all this talk about the Minutemen, I would certainly hope that people would read this story and think twice about "anti-immigration" sentiment. Just one little push over the edge and this is what you get.

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 03:08 AM
link   
What does anti-immigrant feelings have to do with this kid who gunned down these people?

the minute men dont gun down people, and europeans should be ashamed of themselves.....

doesnt surprise me they have ban guns in such a barbaric land.....

get my drift?

even though europe started two world wars....maybe its a good thing they were disarmed.

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 03:16 AM
link   
The teenager targeted "people of foreign orgin". That's what it says in the leading paragraph.

With that being stated, it has quite a lot to do with "anti-immigrant" sentiment.

[edit on 13-5-2006 by ceci2006]

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 05:56 AM
link   
The sad part is that the kid had purchased the gun he used for his killing spree trough my hometown the morning this all happened.

Apparently a recently turned 18 year old boy can purchase a gun(a Winshester) and live ammo without any permit or test, this shocked me, i did not know it was so easy to get a gun in my country.

The racist killer is a nephew to a member of the racist political party Vlaams Belang (translated:Flemish Interest...) After an incident a few weeks ago where 2 Polish Illegals stabbed a Belgian youth for not wanting to give them his MP3 player, the rasist Party had several very hate spewing oppinions on thier websites calling for people to arm themselves against such "predatorial behaviour" of immigrants (at that time the 2 boys who stabbed the kid for his mp3 player were first identified by the media & police as beeing North african (Morrocan). Later it turned out they were Polish (and thus European). This party is imho responsible in setting up an atmosphere of racial tensions, and calling for it's members to arm themselves and take action.

Result: the tragic death of a young woman, the 2 year old girl for which she cared, and a 46 year old woman from turkish decent who is in the hospital fighing for her life.

And if a local policeman with a cool head hadn't been around to stop this guy( he got shot in the stomach by a cop , but lives), he would have made a lot more victims.

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 05:59 AM
link   

With all this talk about the Minutemen, I would certainly hope that people would read this story and think twice about "anti-immigration" sentiment.

Still no connection. One is "anti-immigration" and one is "anti-illegal-immigration."

Anyway, it serves to strengthen my support for the Minutemen's efforts to stop illegal immigration. Left unchecked, it will certainly lead to heightened racial tensions, moreso than the blatant lawbreaking being committed by the illegal immigrants and the Mexican gov't today.

[edit on 14-5-2006 by jsobecky]

top topics

join