It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Starbucks or Tim Hortons?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 03:50 PM
link   
This is mainly to my Canadian friends as not many Tim Hortons (coffee, food shop) are open in the USA. See, told you its better up here! ha ha
So I read in some mag in the week you can tell a person from where you get your coffee. It said jazz loving geeks go to Starbucks and busy football mums go to Tim Hortons. I hope I am neither but Tim Hortons is the best! Starbucks is like glue.

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Tim Hortons!

Im not a coffee or tea man, but a solid hot chocolate with a chicken noodle soup and bagel combo.

*chissler rubs his stomach*

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Timmies!

but i am Canadian so there may be a bias. Arent that many starbucks in my area, especially compared to Timmies.

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I like Cappaccino, I like Fraccinno, I like Hot cocoa ( Or hot chocolate as you Americans call it.) in fact, I think I like all sweet coffee. But Cappaccino is my favorite. Nothing wakes me up more then Hot cappaccino and some piroshki.

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Oops I mispelled it. Its Frappaccino or um, crap!:shk:I need to learn to spell!

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I like just plain old coffee flavoured coffee, so it's Tim's all the way for me. :-)

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Tim Hortons is my favorite. :w: I do like Starbucks coffee but I do prefer Timmies. I also love Tim Hortons donuts.

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 04:26 PM
link   
All
Timmies.

I go there for lunch almost every day.

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Krispy Kreme. The Tim Horton's of the USA.

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Aaah, Crispy Creme is nice, donuts are anyway. Aint tried the coffee!

I got this craving for blackberry green tea frappacino at the moment from Starbucks. All these chicks in trackpants chatting away must think I am a gay-boy coz it looks like a gay drink! Lucky for me I only go in there when I am taking the baby for a walk to disspell any thoughts of that!!!

[edit on 12/5/06 by Mcphisto]

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 04:58 PM
link   
there is a Tims just five minutes walk from my place... was just there 20 minutes ago. I prefer Tim Hortons over Starbucks but now that Starbucks has that new blackberry green tea frappy thing-a-ma-bob.... I find myself driving out to Pickering just to get the friggin' things... AND THEY ARE SO EXPENSIVE! ugh.

guilty pleasures!

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Krispy Kreme failed in it's attempt to gain a foothold in Ontario, where I reside, due to a variety of business reasons, mostly having to do with expanding too rapidly and some "tricky" bookwork. I only had occasion to have their coffee a few times. Though the Krispy Kreme donuts were excellent, Krispy Kreme coffee seemed to be, well, secondary. In other words, it wasn't very good.

Starbuck's coffee is, on the other hand, very good. I like Starbucks' coffee. With a variety of coffees to choose from, I have always been satisfied with a coffee that I can only describe as being rich, robust and filled with genuine coffee flavor. Additionally, I enjoy the atmosphere of Starbucks', at least here in London, Ontario -- a University town, the home of University of Western Ontario. The particular outlet that I frequent (on Richmond Ave) is small, intimate and certainly conducive to conversation over a vente cup of java. But, I have to admit, I am reluctant to frequent Starbuck's because of certain sense of elitism (sic) that I have come to associate with this corporation.

Tim Horton's Coffee is, in my opinion, "the people's coffee". Unpretentious, straight forward and reasonably priced, Tim's wins, in my book, for offering quality and value. I can go in to a Tim's, order an extra large cup of coffee (triple cream please) and settle back to rub elbows with "everyman". From tow truck driver to accountant, physician to student, soccer mom to business exec, I find that Tim's offers a great cup of coffee at a decent price without the elitism or pretentiousness or "status", if you will, of a Starbuck's.

One up and comer in the coffee realm, that I'd like to note is a relatively small chain of coffee houses that has started in SouthWest Ontario in the last decade -- Williams Coffee Pub. Besides an amazing cup of coffee, William's seems to have combined the best of Tim's and Starbucks' to develop a comfortably casual atmosphere that bridges the intangible status gap between these two major coffee players. If you get the chance, give William's coffee a try.

All this being said, I'll meet you at Tim Horton's.

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Tims for sure. The french vanilla and 2 chocolate chip muffins are my sub-breakfasts. The muffins or bagel with creme cheese.

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I live a block from a drive through Tim's, but I'm about a mile or two from the first Tim Horton's that opened in Canada.

I've bought a lot of coffee and bagels from this location.

Here's a great link.
collections.ic.gc.ca...

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I've been to Starbucks but never to Tim Hortons. I'd say Starbuck's is very good but I can't say anything about Tim Horton's cuz I'v never been there.:w:

top topics

join