It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Books about global warming?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Can anybody recommend some good books about global warming?

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I've bought The Last Hours of Ancient Sunlight and High Tide : The Truth About Our Climate Crisis last week, but didn't have tie to read them yet.

I'm actually more interested in books that question the global warming alarmism, as there are many scientist who doubt global warming is caused by mankind. The books I mentioned above are of the "alarmist" type, but I always try to get my hands on books with different points of view about a certain topic.

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 06:40 PM
link   
State of Fear by Micheal Crichton is about eco-terrorsits who use global warming as a weapon. its interesting to note the chrichton does not believe that there is global warming and his book deals with that belief.

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 05:14 PM
link   
The most recent and favorably reviewed books on climate change include:

Boiling point, by Ross Gelbspan, 2004. (An award-winning investigative reporter uncovers not only the latest evidence about climate change, but also what writers have been paid by the energy industry to debunk climate change.) See also the related web site:

www.heatisonline.org...

Field notes from a catastrophe: man, nature, and climate change, by Elizabeth Kolbert (former N.Y. Times reporter), 2006. (See the NY Times review, which noted the empirical, objective approach used by this author.)

An inconvenient truth, by (former U.S. Vice President) Al Gore, 2006. Includes many scientific graphs, maps, and charts. (Even if you don't agree with his conclusions, this is good material to be aware of.) See also the related web site:

www.climatecrisis.net...

(The documentary movie of the same name is appearing in a larger number of theaters this week.)

When you look up these books on Amazon's web site, you will be shown a list of books also bought by people who bought the above books.

BTW, "An Inconvenient Truth" debunks assumptions included in the Michael Crichton novel, State of fear. Unfortunately, a number of climatologists interviewed by Crichton complained afterwards that State Of Fear was far from an accurate portrayal of their positions. Here is a link to one of a number of web sites set up by scientists to clarify the difference between their actual statements on climate change and the statements imputed to them in that novel:

www.ucsusa.org...

In the current issue of Scientific American, included in their web site, is an opinion piece by a scientist who is a former climate change skeptic. Why not read what he has to say and compare it with your own current position? Here is the link:

www.scientificamerican.com...

I found the Scientific American article of exceptional interest, especially when the scientist justly lambastes the modern environmental movement for its less-than-perfect track record in presenting "environmental truth". He's got a point!

[edit on 12-6-2006 by FutureLibrarian]

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 11:24 PM
link   
The new book, "Big Coal" by Jeff Goodell is a good book. It covers the negative aspects of using coal for energy including global warming.

new topics

top topics

join