It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iranian Presidents Letter to Bush, Unedited!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Here is an unedited version of President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad's letter to President George W. Bush:

Link to Letter

Here is the edited version that is being recommended by the New York Times:

Le Monde translation

I noticed a couple of subtle differences that are interesting:

Le Monde Version -

"I point out that throughout the many years of the...war on Iran Saddam was supported by the West."

What was actually written -

"I point out that throughout the many years of the imposed war on Iran, Saddam was supported by the West."

Notice the word "imposed" is missing from the Le Monde text, could this be because it suggests that Saddam Hussein started the war against the Islamic Republic of Iran with the support of the Reagan administration?

Le Monde version -

"The lives, reputations and possessions of people destroyed and on the slight chance of the . of a . criminals in a village city, or convoy for example the entire village, city or convey set ablaze."

What was actually written -

"The lives, reputations and possessions of people destroyed and on the slight chance of the presence of a few criminals in a village, city, or convoy for example, the entire village, city or convoy set ablaze."

Certainly the Le Monde version obscures what Ahmadinejad is actually saying. The ugly truth of invasion, the revelation of civilian deaths.

Why has Bush not deemed this letter worthy of reply? It is a peace offering that should be followed up in the hope that a war will be averted.

The letter has been condemned by the western media because Ahmadinejad questions Bush's christian faith and belief in the teachings of Jesus Christ.

BBC online

U.S. officials (Condoleezza Rice et al.) have stated that the letter does not address key issues.

BBC online

The fact that this letter has broken a 20 year silence between these two countries ought to be seen as something.

Mod Edit: title

[edit on 10-5-2006 by kinglizard]

[edit on 11-5-2006 by Beelzebubba]

join