It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maybe it's just a dream

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Has anyone who claims to have a visionary or prophetic dream maybe thought about it just being...a dream? Not everything that has something to do with the "future" in your dreams means anything prophetic. I keep seeing threads like "I have dreams of the future" or "Is my dream a premonition?". Dreams are highly personal and can;t be interpreted all that well by someone other than yourself. Not many people have experienced the same things you have and attatched the same meanings to their subconcious symbols either. Maybe I'm the only one who doesn't think their dreams mean anything and when someone dreams about the "future" (I use " " because it may or may not be the future, but just the future in their dream), it's very unlikely they are predicting the future.

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 07:49 AM
link   
That is a running joke in our family. "it was just a dream". Sometimes I wish that was true. Fact of the matter is that when we have dreams they always come true, exactly like we saw in the dream. I dream about all kinds of things, not just the bad stuff. I have only had a handful of dreams my whole life that were "just dreams". However, I have to be very careful, because quite a few dreams that I blew off ended up comming true.

I have no idea how it happens. I have no idea how we can see glimpses or warnings of the future. I know that it doesnt make sense that it could happen, but it does.

I personally, only post the dreams I have that are warnings for everyone. I do not post my dreams about my personal life.

It also tends to run in our family. I had a man tell me once that the reason was because we were part cherokee. A very small part, but he said that we had earth bound blood in us. He also said that the ones in the family that dont have the dreams didnt because they drank, and alcohol dulls the senses. Which is unbelievably true, I on the other hand can not handle alcohol...at all.

Here is a for instance that we can see how it plays out. My 2 1/2 year old girl just said that she wanted to save her banana for her grandpa whom she was going to see today. Her grandpa has lived in New Mexico since she was about 9mnths old. She has no idea that there is actually a chance he will show up sometime this week. I have not talked about it at all to my boys because I didnt want to get their hopes up. I personally will be surprised if he shows up today, but my little girl woke up "knowing" she was going to see him today. We will see if he actually shows up, and if she knows who he is (she has not seen any photos of him, and she was too young to remember). Will let you know later.

[edit on 9-5-2006 by mrsdudara]

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Well, Ill be darned. Guess she has it too. Im not surprised. My dad just called me. He is in town for the first time in almost 2 years. Will see him later, and find out if she remembers him or not.

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Wow, she has the sense haha. I'm happy most of mine don't ever manifest in my life. Sure I have some good ones, but the bad ones are pretty bad. Also, I was really talking about the dreams of people who say their messed up nightmares and weird dreams are visions of what's to come. Also, the people who keep having World War III or things of that nature. We all know it's imminent. It's not like their dream is predicting when it's going to happen, in the least, it's saying it is going to happen. If it's not just a dream, that is. Some people have the gift, others want so badly to be told they have it that they look for a glimpse of the future in anything.

top topics

join