It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prometheus Unbound! Is this the real Da Vinci Code?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Prometheus Unbound! Is this the REAL Da Vinci Code?
Is Gary McKinnon the modern day Prometheus?

If you'd like more info about Gary McKinnon

www.spy.org.uk...

files.findlaw.com...

As I was sitting at my computer pondering what ought be the fate for Gary McKinnon and the crimes he supposedly committed I couldn't help but think of figures in the past that were similar to this man.

At first I tried to figure out what he did, he stole,(took what he was not entitled) and then he gave it to the masses freely in an attempt to free information and technology that our government was hiding from us.

The most immidiate connection I made to this was a Robin Hood type figure. One who steals from the rich and gives to the poor. But for me Robin Hood was not the perfect fit for Gary McKinnon since Hood was far too charming and his deeds were far nobler.

So, I got a thinking about my Mythology class from a few years back and what did I read that reminded me of this guy Gary McKinnon. And that's when I remembered about the dude who stole fire from Zeus and told the mortals about it. Not only is he responsible for this act but many others in the ancient greek/roman world. If you do not know much about the man please read here.

messagenet.com...

Pretty much this man symbolized the connection between God and Man, he bridged the gap like later Jewish and Christian Prophets, Abraham, Moses, Mohammad, Buddha, Jesus.

Prometheus was this Human connection far before any of these prophets.

However for the Greeks and Romans, Prometheus was a double edged sword because even though he brought great innovation and technology to the people thus giving them freedom to live easier lives, this did not help them with solving their human problems. What I mean by this is that this technology did not make them more intelligent, knowledgable, moral, or ethical.

Gary McKinnon, for me, is a LOT like Prometheus was for the Greeks and Romans,

that's when I stumbled upon a copy of Prometheus Bound, a story about Prometheus, by Aeschylus,(Classic Greek Author/Bard)

Prometheus Bound - Aeschylus(+/450-425 BC)

As I read the first several paragraphs I couldn't help but to make the correlation
between the Gods talking to each other and extra-terrestrials.

Please Read!
classics.mit.edu...

This got me thinking that maybe, just maybe, Prometheus wasn't historical fiction he was historical fact.

Throughout the last few hundred years we find that many of the historical stories we read about in the bible and in mythology are based on some fact.

The Roman and Greek World believed in Prometheus for centuries after other religions rose in its place such as Judaism, Christianity, and Islam. All three of these religions are known for discreditiing the Greek and Roman Pagan Gods. How all three of these religions dismantled Paganism was by taking it and morphing it. Not only did these relgions morph Greek/Roman temples into Churches, Temples, Mosques but they also morphed the beliefs and the Pagan Gods.

My question is could Prometheus be our first historical case of an Alien Abduction and secondly by default could this implicate the 3 major religions of the world in a two thousand year old cover up of Aliens and their technology?

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 02:30 PM
link   
does anyone at ATS have any feedback for me on this issue. Does this issue seem plausable to anyone else?

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 11:26 AM
link   
would someone please give me some feedback on this today? Even if you don't know too much about Prometheus or Gary McKinnon, any feedback would be most useful! Thanks ATS'ers!

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Well, I haven't read your links, but I'm going to, as soon as I post this.

BUT I will say this: I personally don't think there is any such thing as historical fiction; and historical fact is not something provable--speculation can only be structured as accurate as possible, using the facts that we glean from texts, archeology, et al. This body of facts, as it were, is incomplete in all cases, just by virtue of being of a historical nature. And if we discount the texts and lore that we might find somehow incongruent with whatever our current understanding is, then we have taken one whole category of data out of our consideration.

The way I see it, there is historical embellishment and incomplete historical knowledge. Together, they fall somewhere between 'fact' and 'fiction,' but nevertheless that is what we have to work with and when we combine that with observation of human behavior and tendencies (which I personally don't feel fundamentally change over the ages) we can still work toward 'truth' which is not something based on facts but rather on understanding and reason.

I don't know anything about Gary McKinnon, although the name sounds familiar. I'll read your links and give you some input, if I come up with some that is compelling.

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Prometheus brought fire to humanity and here the association as a messenger is clear. For that he got punished by Zeus to be tied with a chain in a rock and twice a day a big eagle would come down and eat his liver. Stitchin talks about that and makes a good comparison with Enki (without the punishment).
But I can't see the similarity with McKinnon. As far as I'm concern he hacked systems but I've never seen none of the materials he was able to "steal". He spoke about antigravity technology and other secret projects but where is the prove? Have anybody seen anything?

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Prometheus did bring fire to humanity however he did so by stealing it from Zeus!! In this situation Zeus would be the U.S. Government Intelligence/Possible Alien Intelligence. Prometheus took what was not rightly his to begin with in the hopes of educating the people.

Prometheus in the ancient world was as controversial as Gary McKinnon is in the modern one.

What proof are you looking for?

[edit on 9-5-2006 by Low Orbit]

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I havent seen anything that this mackinnon guy has shared with anyone so i dont see the comparison. If you have some of the information that he stole from the govt please post it or if it is available on the web post a link and i will gladly change my opinion.

Cheers
M4S

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 07:26 PM
link   
here are a few links for you,

watch the interview with him

news.bbc.co.uk...

en.wikipedia.org...

news.com.com...

www.cnn.com...

www.boingboing.net...

That's what I found in a few minutes Ill look for more tonite.

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Yeh thats cool, but all im really getting is his word for it. I could come out and say i hacked a military site and have seen all this top secret info, (i havent btw) but show me some proof. I would love to believe him but until he releases some files he copied of so called anti gravity secrets im gonna sit on the fence. And until he actually shares some information with the public then there is no comparison to be made between him and robin hood or prometheus.

Cheers
M4S

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 08:15 PM
link   
The Proof you are looking for is a Newsweek Coverpage, or a 30 minute Video of an anti-gravity saucer given by all of the engineers involved in its design. I can not give you those. Don't you think his penalty of up to 70 years in Prison is enough to prove that he definately DID know something and that our Government did not want others knowing what he saw.(a cover up)

What do you think he is getting 70 yeas for? Do you think he is getting it because he is a UFO fake? Do you think he is getting it simply because he accessed secured government documents or do you think he is getting 70 because of what he knows?

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Low Orbit
Prometheus did bring fire to humanity however he did so by stealing it from Zeus!! In this situation Zeus would be the U.S. Government Intelligence/Possible Alien Intelligence. Prometheus took what was not rightly his to begin with in the hopes of educating the people.

Prometheus in the ancient world was as controversial as Gary McKinnon is in the modern one.

What proof are you looking for?

[edit on 9-5-2006 by Low Orbit]

Low Orbit I know very good greek mythology and what Prometheus did for humanity. But I still insist that the comparison used by you is not correct. McKinnon is beign trialed for something he must have done but where are the alleged documents he saw?
All the links that you provided have only information about his extradition (I'm the one who submited the story in ATSNN) and no further details about physical evidence that in this instance would be some files or even printed papers.

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 01:27 AM
link   
He didn't end every hacking session by going to a public forum and releasing the "secrets" he had just discovered. He did it for himself. To find the proof for himself and I don't ever remember him claiming otherwise. Why a 70 year sentence? You may be right, it might be about what he knows. But honestly, if he really did have a smoking gun to prove U.S. involvement with aliens don't you think they would have done something to shut him up by now. If I remember correctly he was arrested back in 2002. The real reason for the long sentence is probably just a deterant to other hackers(which by the way will NEVER work). He did admit to breaking into hundreds of computers, soooo.... with each one being a separate offense I'm surprised he's only facing 70 years. And for the record, as a retired hacker, I am totally on his side. GO GARY!!!

Vas.

[edit on 10-5-2006 by Vasilis Azoth]

[edit on 10-5-2006 by Vasilis Azoth]

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 07:08 AM
link   
As I said before,
The Proof you are looking for is a Newsweek Coverpage, or a 30 minute Video of an anti-gravity saucer given by all of the engineers involved in its design. I can not give you those.

Do you think the U.S. doesn't know how to cover up incidents like this and put out false information to make the truth even more difficult to find? I'm sure if we had all the evidence of the case laid out in front of us, Telos, would then find it suspicious why we do know everything of the case and why wasn't there a cover-up if it is as important as I say it is.

What it boils down to is this, would you rather trust your government/military and what they tell you about UFO's or would you rather trust a possible informant like Gary McKinnon? Who is more trustworthy to you, who has more to lose, more to gain by this info?

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Gary McKinnon continues to make for front page news in the UK here is the BBC's article on him this morning! There is a link on this page to a video shot I believe today, the 10th, with McKinnon and Attorney(in the UK it's Solicitor)

news.bbc.co.uk...

It's not Newsweek, however the BBC is a great source for news!

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 03:18 AM
link   
does anyone else see a potential connection between Prometheus and Aliens in the Ancient world?

top topics

join