It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Human Trafficking

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2006 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Last night I watched a movie, Human Trafficking, and it made me think how big of an issue worldwide this is. With constant headlines of our oil shortage or the war on terrorism, issues like human trafficking may become old news.

To understand exactly what Human Trafficking is;

www.redcross.dk...

The Palermo Protocol is often used to define the term "Trafficking in Persons". It states:
“Trafficking in persons” shall mean the recruitment, transportation, transfer, harbouring or receipt of persons, by means of the threat or use of force or other forms of coercion, of abduction, of fraud, of deception, of the abuse of power or of a position of vulnerability or of the giving or receiving of payments or benefits to achieve the consent of a person having control of another person, for the purpose of exploitation. Exploitation shall include, at a minimum, the exploitation of the prostitution of others or other forms of sexual exploitation, forced labour or services, slavery or practices similar to slavery, servitude or the removal of organ;

Visit web page
You can see if your country ratified the Palermo Protocol on UNODC's web page. Visit it here.

Drugs are a huge market, but you sell them once. A human can be sold day in and day out, the profit off of a human is almost immeasurable.

How many people that go missing, and are considered a teen runaway are actually manipulated into these situations. Or adbucted and forced into this life style, being raped and assaulted daily.

The film I watched on this was a great film, and explored the topic very thoroughly. It showed many different ways children are abducted and how quickly they can cover their tracks. More often then not, an authority figure was involved in it and had the police cooperation in their operation. This was more evident in third world countries, but it is still a shame.

What does everyone think about this? I believe it to be a real issue that is more popular then we realize. Problem is, your unable to track who exactly is being recruited because the child is more often than not seen as a runaway.

posted on May, 6 2006 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Its a Bigger market then drugs in alot of ways, But mostly its teamed up with drug cartelz who smuggle people who have eatin the drugs, or who just want to leave for whatever reason.

theres a Movie "Maria full of grace" its about these women from Mexico who needed money really badly an got into some shady dealings an ate lil plastic bags of herion, an Left from like cancun to NYC or DC, and then they report to certain peoples, But alot died thru the capsules Bursting.or were taken advantage of once they got there an delievered, they most never did what they told them they would due to the fact that couldnt say anything to anyone, alot of the times its for sex crimes. which is a really upsetting subject to get into.

Its nutz, i dunno if it was here but i saw a x-ray of a bananna truck with people Cramed int he back under crates, squating, an the truck had been in transit for hours, I dunno how they make it.

i mean might be some of the reason mexico is not giving a darn about small time crud, cuz the hardcore stuff requires too much attention.

[edit on 6-5-2006 by Tranceopticalinclined]

posted on May, 6 2006 @ 09:27 AM
link   
It showed a few times filling up the Metal crates that would be transferred on huge cargo ships. They were given some sort of shot to put them out for awhile so they could not make noise while the ship was being loaded, and given a small amount of food in water in the container.

As they were being transferred from country to country, each one with open ports no doubt or officials who are easily corrupted.

This is only a problem because our world permits it. If we did not have men who were sex craved lunatics, then this market would be obsolete. Those who are paying the money to rape these women are just as guilty as the suppliers.

new topics

join