It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pictures of giants from times past ! Some of those are HUGE !

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Aside from the biblical thing on giants there are numerous cultures of mythology that refer to giants on the earth and great wars fought in different places between giants and people in flying crafts. But hey who knows what or who was here a few thousand years ago. Perhaps nothing but then again for every nyth and legend "somewhere" in the middle is a basis of truth.

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I agree totally. There is much evidence for many things across all times and peoples.

It all boils down to one unknown shared truth which links the human race together permanently.

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 03:38 PM
link   
You have to keep in mind that thousands of years ago the average height was much shorter. 6ft back in the day would have seemed huge to many people while its pretty much mundane today.

A few thousands years ago someone 7+ feet tall would have been quite a real giant to people that averaged say 5ft 3-6inch

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 04:52 PM
link   
This subject has been hot with my family for a long time. Stephen Quayles site is excelent for info. Also keep in mind that there are accounts of giants everywhere. Another good place to look for info is in Celtic Lore. One of the more popular stories from Robert Hunt's book "Drolls, Traditions and superstitions of Old Cornwall" (1881). It is a story about Godmagog (gigmagog) and Corineus fighting over land. Godmagog was the leader of the Giants, and the largest at 12 cubits tall. After they kidnapped Godmagog, they agreed to a smackdown (so to speek) - Godmagog's idea - who ever won became the leader and won the land. They fought, and wrestled and Corineus knocked the giant off balance. Godmagog landed flat on his back knocking all the wind out of him. Corineus then drug him to the side of the cliff and pushed him over the edge. That area apparently is still called Gigmagog (godmagog)'s leap. They say they found the jaws and teeth of this giant there at the last dig for the citadel of Plymouth.

It is not the only story, there are several more. One of the more infuriating stories is the one in the grand canyon. Where in one of the caves an explorer found armor that had to belong to giants. The breast plate itself was said to stand as tall as he did. He tried to get the word out, but was "shut up" mysteriously died, and wouldnt you know it, his film had been stolen as well. His mother ran accross his journal after he died, and put it out there for others to see. To this day you are not allowed to explore in that area. Reserved for the Smithsonian (sp?) only, and they are not talking. Apparently, if this is proven, then all the pros in that area would have to go back to school, their Dr. ets would no longer be good, and they would have to rewrite books, etc, etc, etc. Sounds pretty dumb to me, but hay money talks.

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I think St. Christopher was a giant, as well. Something you don't hear mentioned too often!

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrsdudara

It is not the only story, there are several more. One of the more infuriating stories is the one in the grand canyon. Where in one of the caves an explorer found armor that had to belong to giants. The breast plate itself was said to stand as tall as he did. He tried to get the word out, but was "shut up" mysteriously died, and wouldnt you know it, his film had been stolen as well. His mother ran accross his journal after he died, and put it out there for others to see. To this day you are not allowed to explore in that area. Reserved for the Smithsonian (sp?) only, and they are not talking. Apparently, if this is proven, then all the pros in that area would have to go back to school, their Dr. ets would no longer be good, and they would have to rewrite books, etc, etc, etc. Sounds pretty dumb to me, but hay money talks.

that's right. there is supposedly a PYRAMID there, 'the temple of isis', maybe? spelunkers 'discovered' it, only to be disuaded by 'the man'. follow up trips found the entranced plugged(in the 'restricted area').

also, in australia, i believe it was, six fingered giants were dug up, and the authorites came the NEXT DAY with bulldozers, and squashed the site into oblivion, while confiscating all dem bones.

there is much lore about giants in the ancient battles of europe, including burial ground locations.

drunvalo melchezidek claims that some of the giant human statues in egypt are 'actual size', ie. FIFTY FOOTERS!!! he claims that it is a function of how far up the dimensional ladder you are. he claims these fifty footers were fifth dimensional.

who knows. that helps explain the pyramids, no?

i think a search on "forbidden archeology" will guide seekers to a lot of the prevelant giant lore that is out there.

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trinity_IX
In the Bible, Genisis, particularly, there is mention of Nephalim, which are "giant people." when Adam and Eve were created (according to the bible). Perhaps a distant bloodline?

I chose your Post, due to your question, that wasn't really answered anywhere in here.

What are the Nephilim?

Genesis 6 notes
www.jesus-is-lord.com...

6:1 And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face
of the earth, and daughters were born unto them,
6:2 That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they
were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.
6:3 And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with
man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an
hundred and twenty years.
6:4 There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after
that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men,
and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men
which were of old, men of renown.

They are offspring of the Fallen Angels, and the Daugthers of Man.

Also, note, what makes Noah Unique? His family, (or the Bloodline from Adam) had a pure pedigree. (prefect in his Generations)

So, it is not quite accurate to suggest they are decendants of Adam and Eve.

Cain would be a different story, as would any of the Sixth Day Man.

What happened to them?

The Flood, of course. It was to wipe clean, this earth of the Flesh (Nephilim) and those families they polluted.

But what else can be noted about them?

We can find a great deal in the Books of Enoch

Enoch VI (6) notes
www.sacred-texts.com...

1. And it came to pass when the children of men had multiplied that in those days were born unto them beautiful and comely daughters. 2. And the angels, the children of the heaven, saw and lusted after them, and said to one another: 'Come, let us choose us wives from among the children of men and beget us children.'.......

Chapter VII (7) goes onto note some of the enjoyable events these Giants caused.
www.sacred-texts.com...

1. And all the others together with them took unto themselves wives, and each chose for himself one, and they began to go in unto them and to defile themselves with them, and they taught them charms and enchantments, and the cutting of roots, and made them acquainted with plants. 2. And they became pregnant, and they bare great giants, whose height was three thousand ells: 3. Who consumed all the acquisitions of men. And when men could no longer sustain them, 4. the giants turned against them and devoured mankind. 5. And they began to sin against birds, and beasts, and reptiles, and fish, and to devour one another's flesh, and drink the blood. 6. Then the earth laid accusation against the lawless ones.

It is noted, at the End of Chapter VIII (8)

And as men perished, they cried, and their cry went up to heaven . . .

The Books of Enoch notes in Chapter X (10)
www.sacred-texts.com...

9. And to Gabriel said the Lord: 'Proceed against the bastards and the reprobates, and against the children of fornication: and destroy [the children of fornication and] the children of the Watchers from amongst men [and cause them to go forth]: send them one against the other that they may destroy each other in battle: for length of days shall they not have. 10. And no request that they (i.e. their fathers) make of thee shall be granted unto their fathers on their behalf; for they hope to live an eternal life, and that each one of them will live five hundred years.'

Enoch refers to the Fallen as Watchers, since this was their 'Intended Duties'. no pleads of the fathers (The Fallen) was to be granted.

Gabriel was used to cause discord, amoungst the Nephilim, and cause them to destroy eachother, as other's have noted, from the Lore and Legends surrounding these beings

There was a good Audio show on at the Following, which discussed the Topic. It runs on a RealPlayer

www.richardsyrett.com...

Look for the Riddle of the Pyramids Solved found about 4/5th's of the way down the scroll. It runs about 1 Hour

The Speaking Guest is Patrick Heron, who wrote "The Nephilim and the Pyramid of the Apocalyse".

I've had some nice correspondance, regarding this with Patrick, since I do not by the Pyramid matter, but that's another topic.

It may be quite interesting.

Ciao

Shane

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I have seen Steve Quayle page before but these are some GREAT photos never the less

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Manchov and i use to play ball son, back then we dominated them guys. ya mean. ok, that is crazy though, some pretty tall people, probably would have dominated the nba

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Almost every culture has stories of the giants, I agree, Steve Quayle is a good place for info, so is the bible, some fascinating stories their. The pics are great! The giants are supposed to be coming back! Who's ready for that? Transgenics anyone?

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 02:25 AM
link   
When the pituitary gland reminded me about the actual nature of what we call abnormal growth (just remnants, though, more like mutants) I connected something. You know that the pituitary gland is supposed the seat of our soul or something in chakra-speak, I'm not remembering details but anyway...

Wouldn't beings that were super-spiritually charged up (like Nephilim surely should be) that somehow descended into man-who-was-then-just-a-beast like Ndthls and CroMagnon man--then wouldn't it make sense, if the pituitary gland thing is a true process, that these beings would be very very large? And offspring? Even bigger, perhaps, according to the lore available on that (predeluvian) time?

I think it is a very sound possibility and I think it will come more and more into light so we'll eventually know one way or the other. With floods coming from the ice caps melting and all that, if they were coming back, it would probably be soon. Who knows?

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Queennannie, I think its actualy the Pineal gland that is considered the " seat of the soul ", although I may have just heard differently.

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38

Wouldn't beings that were super-spiritually charged up (like Nephilim surely should be) that somehow descended into man-who-was-then-just-a-beast like Ndthls and CroMagnon man--............. And offspring? Even bigger, perhaps, according to the lore available on that (predeluvian) time?

I think this maybe to far of a stretch, and the wrong timeframe.

Genesis 6:2 That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they
were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.

Enoch 6:1 1. And it came to pass when the children of men had multiplied that in those days were born unto them beautiful and comely daughters.

I do not believe, Nethanderals and CroMagnon Man would be described with such terms. The Beast like comparision, seems more fitting, and despite the best efforts of these forms of man, the Daughters would still be ugly
Ugly breeds Ugly.

I'd be thinking, Zeus, Apollo, Aries, Thor and on and on, for a general timeframe. When these Fallen, or Watchers, came and took the Daughters of Man, and set themselves up as the gods of Old.

Just a thought.

Ciao

Shane

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by billybob
that's right. there is supposedly a PYRAMID there, 'the temple of isis', maybe? spelunkers 'discovered' it, only to be disuaded by 'the man'. follow up trips found the entranced plugged(in the 'restricted area').

Yes it is the temple of Isis. I would really love to go exploring there....bummer.

While reading up on the Celtic stories, I ran across some info that has me wondering about those pyramids. They describe a group of people as being mound people. They were highly spiritual, and they were quite sure they were a seperate species all together. Occasionally, they would converce with them, and there are still some reminants of old dwellings that the Celts built in somewhat the same way they describe the Sidhe building theirs. Of course the Celts' had smaller dwellings, so theirs ended up looking like upside down cones. Their way of placing the stones was quite briliant though. Not just stacking them up, but putting enough of an angle so the rain would run off, and the over all shape would keep it standing in the high winds.

Back on subject, they said these people they named Sidhe, Tuatha de, mound people, fair people, fallen angels, watchers, what ever you want to call them, were highly knowledgable. They didnt know where they came from exactly, only that they came in from the east. There are people from all over the world that have stories about them. I was excited to learn that even the Catholic church acknowledged them as being real, and living in the area at that time. After a time, they left leaving their "mounds" behind. I have to wonder if these "mounds" were pyramids. That new one found in Bosnia fits the description. If they taught the Celts how to build, then it wouldnt be too far off to believe they also taught the Giants. Which would explain why so many remains have been found in "mounds", or in or by pyramids. Isis, is said to be in a location that would make it equally if not more important than the great pyramid. I have to wonder what they are hiding. From what I here, there are tunnels that go down so far, that a torch wouldnt make a dent in the darkness. I have read the stories of the armor found, and a wall that was made out of a copper that had been hardened to a point that baffels scientists, because we still cant do that to this day. They say the pics on that wall resemble some found in Asia.

I know there have been remains found all over the world of giant humans. It is obvious they once lived here. I however would love to know what it is the govts dont want us to know about.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

I don't think anyone is trying to connect giants with the book of genesis. You must remeber that the book of genesis is thousands of years old, and it was likely to have been written at the time when thier was giants. This means that it atleast has some form of merit wether you believe in it or not. Genesis speaks of breeding between the daughters of man and the watchers, this caused mutations and the birth of giants with deformed mouths and faces. It also states that these giants ate the flesh of man and were vicious killers and rapist.

Many documents of history proved that there indeed was giants and not very tall humans. The mutations like the double set of theeth is proof that they were not just merely tall people.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join