It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do you gain more points?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 04:00 PM
link   
How exactly do you get more ATS, PTS, and BTS points?? I know some ways but I don't think I know all of the . I can't think of anymore ways :shk: :bnghd: :shk: :bnghd:

[edit on 4-5-2006 by spidy]

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Well, let's see.

There is tagging, podcasts, posting, applauses and bribery.

One podcast gives you something like 2500 points. Tagging is also an easy way to build up your totals.

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Post - 1 Point
Every post gives the Author of the Thread - 2 Points
Tagging can give you up to -75 points per Tag
Applause from Staff - 250 points
PODCast - 2500 Points

Quickest and Easiest way to build up points would deffinately be tagging older threads.

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 04:09 PM
link   
and post with clarity and intelligence and the mods might applaud you which gives some points.

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I will let you in on a little ATS secret. There is a really easy way to earn points:

*psssssssst*

Quality posts and replies are the surefire way to greater points. Over the long hual this pays off in spades. If you stay true to that mantra the points will come faster than you can imagine

"If you post quality, the points will come"

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Dear Mods I must be an illiterate ignorant

What is tagging??
WIS

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Notice the little box at the bottom of the page that is for tagging? Write a tag in it and hit enter. Older posts give more points for being tagged but just tag the heck out of every post you read and you will build points.

If you are in a hurry to build some major points you can also write an article for the tinwiki. Thats 10,000 points per accepted article. Just make sure you are logged in so the points can be given to you.

Podcasts are 2500 points per podcast. Its not only fun but addicting. I know cause I have about 100 of them. It's very easy to do too. All that is needed is a microphone and a computer. U2U me if you want to know more.

wupy

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by chissler
Post - 1 Point
Every post gives the Author of the Thread - 2 Points
Tagging can give you up to -75 points per Tag
Applause from Staff - 250 points
PODCast - 2500 Points

Quickest and Easiest way to build up points would deffinately be tagging older threads.

w0w...

i remember the good ol' days when posts were worth much more that one point...

my answer to how to get points:

post, post, and post...

additionally, wright quality things for the ATS newsletter and tinwiki and the ATS news network (ATSNN)...

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Spidy your signature is called a Palindrome. Example: Now sir, a war is won. Saying that it is spelled the same way forward and backward, irritates me in a weird way. My advice is to add the word Palindrome in there somewhere.

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Look!

Springer...

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
Look!

Springer...

i don't get it...

but if i did, i am sure that i would laugh...

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 10:45 PM
link   
The most effective way to get lots of points fast is to make podcasts and create Tinwiki articles.

After doing that to bulk up on some points (keeping in mind that garbage gets deleted and the points get removed), the next best way is to simply make good posts and be involved. The better your posts, the better the thread you are posting in, the more people posting in it, and the better off you are. And the better your posts, the more likely that they will get 'applauded'.

If I was you, I'd write up a couple of good solid Tinwiki entries, and then make a podcast about having done so.

tinwiki.org...

Podcasts are easy, you just need a microphone, even a cheap one.

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 11:11 PM
link   
If you are really, really cheap (like me) you don't even need a mike. A pair of headphones plugged into your computer will do the trick.

It's not the best quality audio out there, but it works.

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 11:13 PM
link   
What exactly is tagging? Please explain someone?

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProudCanadian
What exactly is tagging? Please explain someone?

just scroll to the bottom of any thread and click "add tag"...

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 12:25 AM
link   
But what exactly am I supposed to put in the tag? A thread or something?

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProudCanadian
But what exactly am I supposed to put in the tag? A thread or something?

I'm wondering too.
I read the above posts about tagging and see it at the bottom, and maby I'm a little slow tonight, but I still don't know what tagging means, or how to do it.
It's probably just me because I seem to be pretty slow today.

[edit on 16-5-2006 by SonyaChristina]

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Ok, I'm guessing here. and I will feel stupid if I'm wrong, lol
Do I add a word or whatever, kind of like re-naming the thread but only for search purposes like Google?

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by SonyaChristina
Do I add a word or whatever, kind of like re-naming the thread but only for search purposes...

Yes, that's it!

For more information on Content Tagging check out this thread...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

And this thread supplies you with 500 threads that need tags...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 5/16/2006 by Mechanic 32]

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 10:26 AM
link   
You can add whatever you like as a tag. Thats the point, people can label things as they want. When you click on the tag, you get a page that will have everything that has been similarly tagged.

I like to add "The Iran War" as a tag to things that I feel are going to be seen as involved in the lead up to the war with iran. That way, if someone wants to look at some big ATS threads on it, they can just click "The Iran War" and get all those threads.

Or maybe you want all threads that are related to the discussion of Bigfoot. A 'search' will be sketchy, you might get a thread about whether or not jesus is real where someone said 'he's as real as bigfoot'. Which isn't the sort of thing you'd be looking for. So the Tags make it easier to coallate information, imo. I am sure that other people can find other uses.

I have, for example, made ATSNN submissions where I included, instead of a single ATS "supporting" thread, a link to the tags on the subject.

Basically just put whatever you want, and if its good, someone will find a way to use it, if not, meh, so there's a tag that doesn't get much attention. Either way you get the points.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join