It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

They won't answer on the other so, quickly

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 02:55 PM
link   
What is true on witchcraft. The internet brings up too many lies.

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 12:35 PM
link   
People who call themselves witches are, these days, followers of several Neopagan traditions involving worship of a Goddess, and sometimes of a God as well, meeting usually in small groups, practicing magick (for both spiritual and practical purposes), with a nature-based spirituality and ethic. Witches tend to be environmentalist, feminist, gay-friendly, and nonviolent. They follow an ethic summed up by "so you harm not, do what you will," and believe in some variation of the idea that what you do will come back to you.

Witches are not "people of the Book." Although there is plenty of written material within the religion, there is no Scripture as Christians understand that idea. There are no fixed doctrines or mandated beliefs, so what I say about what witches believe or do is "unofficial" and may vary from group to group and individual to individual.

Witches do not believe there is a single true religion that's right for everyone, and so do not proselytize. It takes quite a bit of dedication, training, and effort to practice witchcraft, so it's not something people can be "converted" to anyway.

In addition to the small groups that typically characterize the practice of witchcraft, there are large-scale festivals that are held in various parts of the country at various times during the year.

Some witches call their religion "Wicca" and themselves "Wiccans." Others do not use that term. Also, some people who practice something like the above do not call themselves "witches."

That's part of the truth, and I hope it will do for a start.

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I always considered the current folks into witchcraft more of a trend than anything of depth. As you said yous ee many lies and going ons about withcraft in theory and they all feel they may have a piece of the truth (which they may). However I think anyone that is truly involved with witchcraft/mysteries etc would not be your typical goth chick. I don't consider the local Pagans and witches to hold anything of value when it comes to magic with all the goofy talk on spells. The few people I have come across that took the extra leap you would never suspect if you saw them.

At he time when witch craft was heavy in practice the lack of knowledge in paranormal activities allowed them to do things based on ritual and belief along with other people who believed in them allowing some action to be done. These days its not so easy.

new topics

join