It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA says comet fragments won't hit Earth

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by soulforge
crickets...crickets...

The day is half over in the states...

for anyone who may still be interested, Eric's site is back up (the english part atleast) and their is a new post stating that the Senate was received a notice today that there will be evacs late tonight. Whether its true, i have NO idea.

Could be more Hooey, but interesting that he reopened his site, MEH

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I finally got through to that savelivesinmay site. Gonna look around

Exerpts from Sky & Telescope

Meteor shower May 22–23?

Jack Drummond of the Starfire Optical Range predicts that debris shed by the comet many years ago (long before the 1995 breakup) could bring us a meteor shower on the night of May 22–23. He writes:

"The closest approach of [Fragment C's] orbit to the Earth, 0.04 astronomical unit, occurs on May 22 at 20:00 UT. Thus the maximum of the meteor shower would be on May 22 or May 23, with a radiant of right ascension 208° [13h 52m] and declination +30° [in Canes Venatici, 12° north-northwest of Arcturus], and a geocentric velocity of 13.5 km/sec, which is quite slow." Unlike with many meteor showers, this radiant is highest in the sky as early in the night as 11 p.m. daylight saving time — so the meteors would be visible any time from dusk to dawn.

If the shower does peak around 20:00 May 22 Universal Time, that would be during the evening of the 22nd for continental Europe, later at night for western Asia, and before dawn on the 23rd for Central and South Asia. But keep watch wherever you are; the shower, if any, could arrive many hours earlier or later than that.

Update May 25: No much meteor shower has been reported.

Sky & Telescope

[edit on 25-5-2006 by ThePieMaN]

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 07:22 AM
link   
if your interested in comets then search the skys . one big comet will pass the earth in about 8 years time roughly. try to find this comet it won't hit us but it will come close . my concern is it's tail ,the earth will pass through it and meteors will bombbard the earth and may trigger nuclear war .for 7 days and 7 nights it will be seen in the sky .so close that when you look up you will see two suns in the sky is this posible .if anyone is an expert in comets look into this .

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 02:02 AM
link   
I just happened upon this page today: Comets actual cause of Great Chicago Fire

It is very interesting and something I'd never heard of.

[edit on 6/28/2006 by queenannie38]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join