It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A picture for members to digest.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 09:40 PM
link   
That is something in the sky and not a image anomaly!

Btw, it reminds me of something I saw once...

[edit on 2006/7/5 by TrappedSoul]

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrappedSoul
That is something in the sky and not a image anomaly!

Btw, it reminds me of something I saw once...

[edit on 2006/7/5 by TrappedSoul]

I too have seen other reports with a similar shaped object - I wish I could find some links. In Enkidu's Australian UFO thread, there is some similarity in one of the vids/pix.

I can tell you now, it was definitely something in the sky - and not a picture anomaly. 100% no BS.

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 10:56 PM
link   
This is very interesting. So is there 2 objects we are looking at? I see 2 that look like ufo's and one that is too blurry to tell.

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by LifeUnknowns
This is very interesting. So is there 2 objects we are looking at? I see 2 that look like ufo's and one that is too blurry to tell.

Yeh, mid to upper left of the pic - the luminous main object with smaller trailing objects, another object (cloudy type) to the left of the main object, and a third object more central, just above the tree line - which could be a bird and probably is.

You can zoom in on it, the pic is high res though not too focused

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by one_small_step

Originally posted by LifeUnknowns

Yeh, mid to upper left of the pic - the luminous main object with smaller trailing objects, another object (cloudy type) to the left of the main object, and a third object more central, just above the tree line - which could be a bird and probably is.

You can zoom in on it, the pic is high res though not too focused

The one that you believe looks like a bird looks to me like a UFO. It looks like this, but ofcourse that one is a hoax.

www.esoterica.gr...

The ohter 2 I thought were planes doing loops, but when I looked closer, it didn't look like a plane.

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 08:27 PM
link   
The one does look like a UFO the other looks either like a missile had been shot up or a space shuttle launched but you guys don't have a shuttle so I think this picture is interesting.

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 10:48 PM
link   
ooo, hi-res picture *dreamy* too cool.... Thanks Comrade!

I cut it up and ran parts of it through some filters and stuff for people... nothin' fancy.

www.torbtown.com...

The really bright 'thing' on the far right has some interesting properties... or not... *shrugs* I thought it was pretty cool though

rock on
twj

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by torbjon
ooo, hi-res picture *dreamy* too cool.... Thanks Comrade!

I cut it up and ran parts of it through some filters and stuff for people... nothin' fancy.

www.torbtown.com...

The really bright 'thing' on the far right has some interesting properties... or not... *shrugs* I thought it was pretty cool though

rock on
twj

Torbjon, thank you for going to that effort to break down the pic's.

The 'cloud puff' might just be that, and the smaller object is reallly to small & to far to really to make a call on what it could be.

The main object though, is still a mystery. It does seem to be a solid object, that has entered the atmosphere & is giving off its own light.

The 'cloud puff' could be the result of this object breaking through the clouds?!?!?! But thats a guess on my behalf.

You mentioned a plastic bag/ lantern, while I can't rule that out absolutely, its position in the sky & its relative size would suggest something large.

Again thanks for your work.

I encourage members to have a look at what Torbjon has presented.

[edit on 8-7-2006 by one_small_step]

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 03:22 AM
link   
This is the image with everything but the objects stripped out. It is original size, not size formatted in any way.

Any help?

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Great Picture you got there, Thanks for sharing it here :-)

Thermal analysis Tells me that the object on the left is a Small break in the Clouds.

As for the object on the right, Probley an Exploding Meteor,

I know it sounds stupid but For a second I was thinking a bird that had been struck by lightning? I don't know if that kinda stuff happends lol.

Could it be a Military Flair?

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I had a few minutes free today, so went back to the original image and took a closer look.

First, there's direct evidence that the cloud on the left is assosciated with the bright streaks.

In general, aerial objects of the same color are usually at the same distance from he viewer, due to the effects of aerial perspective. This can be seen here, where I've highlighted several colors; every pixel in those areas are the same exact color, and you'll notice that those colors don't appear anywhere else in the sky:

Now, I've used the same approach to highlight the area of interest, showing the pixels in the cloud which are matched in the flames; these colors do not appear anywhere else in the image:

This could mean:
1. The cloud and flame are about the same distance from the viewer.
2. The cloud is relecting the flames (but that should also mean they are fairly close together).
3. The cloud and flames have similar composition (for instance, the cloud and the area around the flames could be smoke from the same source).

Then, I took a closer look at the 'flame' area using individual RBG channels to bring out any special details. The blue channel shows "hot spots" which are washed out in the red and green channels, along with a strong hint of smoke around and behind the flame areas. I believe those spots mark the location of white-hot chunks of burning material surrounded by and trailing red and green (ie, yellow) flames.

The red and green channels clearly show what appears to be a glowing gas or flume trailing behind the flames.

one_small_step, I think you caught a meteor (or satellite, perhaps) fragmenting very high in the atmosphere while travelling almost directly away from the camera. From your description, it may have been a 'grazer' which bounced off the atmosphere initially, creating the cloud, then reentering and breaking up a bit farther along before either bouncing out and escaping the Earth, or, more likely, burning up completely.

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Prote, TrentReznor & Rand, thanks for your interest with this pic.

I haven't got much time right now, but your explaination Rand, I believe is the most logical to date.

Thanks again, you got my vote.

I'll be back after work.

Cheers.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Sorry guys...

ASTRONOMY NEWS TELLS US (yea im a hobby astronomer too):

The cloudy stuff you see in the middle of the picture was a meteor that exploded on its way down to earth, after being burned severly thru the atmosphere, the explosion is probably due to its core being made up of some kind of gas. I only read about 1 exploding meteor, and saw pictures from a different angle than yours.

As for the silver/black ball object down on the left.. thats something else, bird maybe.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ravenflt
ASTRONOMY NEWS TELLS US...I only read about 1 exploding meteor, and saw pictures from a different angle than yours.

Do you have a link or more info? Google only returns around 142,000,000 hits for astronomy+news...and I couldn't find anything at IMO (www.imo.net... )

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by ravenflt
Sorry guys...

ASTRONOMY NEWS TELLS US (yea im a hobby astronomer too):

The cloudy stuff you see in the middle of the picture was a meteor that exploded on its way down to earth, after being burned severly thru the atmosphere, the explosion is probably due to its core being made up of some kind of gas. I only read about 1 exploding meteor, and saw pictures from a different angle than yours.

As for the silver/black ball object down on the left.. thats something else, bird maybe.

Hi ravenfit, further to Rands coment, could you supply the link to your reference. I am somewhat humbled, if this picture has received interest external to this site.

Again should you require more pics let me know via U2U.

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 12:58 AM
link   
In my opinion of the thing zoomed as far in as it could go without being a blur there were 2 thing...

A dark something or other that forms within a good range from a shiny falling explosion

My take in UFO possibilitys is that there was some kind of fight and some one came on top
But thats not always true

My idea about the picture in my own stand though is a tad different

Though there seems to be a UFO as in something no explainable and flying but doesnt need to be extraterrestrial it seems to be away from your focus which is of the shiny thing

The shiny thing in my eyes looks like a circular(dont get me on spellin till its noon) object that is either coming down from space and couldnt take the atmosphere or something that made it and lost whatever it was holding it together (Space theory)

Ooooor on a more earth based theory some kind of man made rocket (toy or otherwise) that exploded and parts made a nice shape to be pondered at

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Sorry for the bump, but I saw this pic again, and thought it was pretty cool. thoughts?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join