It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Happiness....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Hi All,

What are the things with which men feel they are happy and satisfied?

What are the things with which females feel happy and satisfied?

We friends were having this conversation obviously over some beers and poker.

With respect to men, we realised we talked mostly 3 things, Cars, Money and Girls....

With respect to Girls we could conclude only 1 shopping and even then they are not satisfied.....would this be correct or is there more.....

Yup if there is a question if I lost money in the game, lost 50 bucks.....

Cheers

K23

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I think it goes like this, for what it's worth.

Men know what they want.

Women only know what they don't want.

Sounds obscure but, as a woman I can say this is true of myself.

Happiness however is really something that an individual generates for themselves. I live simply and it really doesn't take much to make me feel content. As for pinpointing exactly what "it" is that makes me feel happy?? It'd be a long and fluffy list and no doubt would include puppies and kittens, and more than a few pairs of name brand shoes. There are big ticket items of happiness, but they differ from woman to woman. Some may cite family, kids, job, partners...

One thing for sure about women though is our ability to know exactly, without a doubt what we do not want. (Not that we are always able to express it). Men usually find out after the fact.

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Woman: I'm going to the store. (Thinks to self- "Will he offer to go for me? Will he offer to go with me? Where is this relationship going? We need to talk!")

Man: OK. (Thinks to self- "She's going to the store")

two days later-

Man: I'm going to the store. (Thinks to self- "I'm going to the store.")
Woman: Can you pick me up some soda? (Thinks to self- "Why doesn't he ask me to go along? Am I no longer attractive to him? Where is ths relationship going? We need to talk!")
Man: Sure. (Thinks to self- "don't forget soda, don't forget soda...) >forgets soda<

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Things that make me happy.

Being with the woman I love.

Playing well on a good gig with a good band.

Improvising music with sensitive people.

The company and conversation of good friends.

Dancing.

A beautiful sky or sunset.

Anticipation of any of the above.

posted on May, 1 2006 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Yeahright,

That was a good for a laugh....it is funny, when these jokes come out, but they are a reflection to what really happens. It has happened to me. I have said it so many times in my mind that when i have to get a thing I forget....

There are definately different types of girls/woman, all of them unique. With the exception of shopping non of them have a thing which is common, a a a maybe a few...but again i am a man and hence analyse it from my point of view....as someone pointed out some like simplicity and some are totally the opposite.....so what is it that keeps all of them happy...or is this just in dreams...

posted on May, 1 2006 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Man: I'm going to the store. (Thinks to self- "I'm going to the store.")

LMFAO!!......so true...so true.

posted on May, 1 2006 @ 05:35 AM
link   
You know what? There are actually women out there who don't care about shopping! I should know, my beloved is one of them.

posted on May, 1 2006 @ 08:41 AM
link   
rich,

You are really rich.....it is good she doesnt like shopping. Not that I dont like shopping or anything and nor am i complaining, but i just cant resist mentioning how energetic females get while shopping. I must say, i do work out and i can play a few games of squash, that is fine, but when i have to go shopping, i can do so for an hour or two on a stretch and then i need to sit down. after another hour...i am pretty much done with, need a beer...and food and want to go home. But somehow, my beloved just has so much energy then....its the look in the eyes, that goes, okay...will come along...one more shop and we are done,...that one shop happens to be in the mall....and to reach that one shop we have to pass through 20 more shops with competitive prices......and there the cycle begins again till we get kicked out of the mall. Eventually, its so funny that you end up in the first shop buying the same dress or skirt which you once thought was pricey. all that energy in total vain. But the sacrasim doesnt stop there, when you reach home, the statement that is passed is need to sit in a hot tub feel a bit tired, can you order take away tonight please? Just cant help cracking myself laughing.....why do you waste so much energy on shopping when you get tired...

Never managed to get a proper answer out of her regarding this......

Just thought of sharing my little experience on this with you all.....

Cheer

K23

top topics

join