It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI Investigated 3,501 People Without Warrants

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Source

Updated: 08:44 AM EDT
FBI Investigated 3,501 People Without Warrants
Received Details From Banks, Credit Card, Telephone and Internet Companies
By MARK SHERMAN, AP

WASHINGTON (April 29) - The FBI secretly sought information last year on 3,501 U.S. citizens and legal residents from their banks and credit card, telephone and Internet companies without a court's approval, the Justice Department said Friday.

It was the first time the Bush administration has publicly disclosed how often it uses the administrative subpoena known as a National Security Letter, which allows the executive branch of government to obtain records about people in terrorism and espionage investigations without a judge's approval or a grand jury subpoena.

US citizens and legal people in this country are also being investigated. So much for the "We're just looking for terrorist" theories.

In their eyes we are all terrorists and a potential threat. These are sad days.

Still think it doesnt apply to you and me???

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 02:33 PM
link   
It applies to everyone. I'm very vocal against this administration, and I figure if I'm not on some watch list yet, I'm not doing my job! LOL

Don't even get me started on the complete shredding of our Constitution by these criminals.

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 02:49 PM
link   
If you intend to claim ignorance -- if you intend to claim innocence -- if your own survival depends upon claiming both of these at the same time as you wish to deny responsibility for your own crimes ..... then you might (if you were false claimant to high office and currently engaged in ongoing crimes) try to persuade those who could destroy you by continuing to claim there really are 'terrorists' under every bed. Just as other administrations attempted to persuade there were communists under every bed.

It's called 'pointing the finger of blame'. We were told the Japanese --- alone --- were responsible for Pearl Harbour. We were told disgruntled, depressed children --- alone -- were responsible for school shooting massacres. We were told Germans --- alone --- were responsible for WW2.

When we were children, some of insisted that our sibling --- alone -- was responsible for raiding the cookie-jar and breaking a neighbour's window with a baseball.

When you're a President or Minster for Defence, it get's easier ... but they still utilize techniques which worked for them as children. Name and blame. Deny personal responsibility.

So now we see powerful people denying they played any role in the destruction of internationally-famous New York landmarks plus the murder of 3,000 innocent individuals. It wasn't the US government who perpetrated that foul act Mom --- no, it was the terrorists who done it. And to prove it, men and women under my command, namely the FBI, have been instructed to 'investigate' people chosen at random so that my administration can release that information to the world at large. Brilliant plan, isn't it Mom? It throws the finger of suspicion right away from me and has the advantage of creating that all-necessary anxiety amongst the US population. When they're anxious and worrying that THEY might be next, they're less likely to criticise me and my administration. And by turning my FBI against the US public, it programmes people into believing that 'terrorists' might even be real. Aren't I a genius, Mom? And don't forget Mom, I'm the one who also coined 'misunderestimated' and ' fish and humans can live in harmony'.

join