It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clinton, or Rodham Clinton? Take the test...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Okay... so which name do you like better? Do you prefer the short version or the long version?

A. Hillary Clinton

B. Hillary Rodham Clinton

Now, do you consider yourself Republican, Democrat, or Independent?

Now keep reading... Pollsters for CNN try to determine which name would generate the most votes for particular demographics.

Would you prefer "Hillary Clinton" or "Hillary Rodham Clinton" for president? (I don't think I'd prefer, either!
)

CNN Link

(CNN) -- Who would make a better candidate, Hillary Clinton or Hillary Rodham Clinton? If you're thinking it doesn't matter, you're probably a Democrat.

Most Americans' feelings toward the Democratic senator from New York change depending on which name is used, according to a recent poll conducted by Opinion Research Corp. for CNN.

Including Hillary Clinton's maiden name increased her approval rating among Republicans polled to 23 percent. "Hillary Clinton" had a 16 percent approval rating among people who identified themselves as Republican.(View full results)

If you're wondering why you see her name as "Hillary Rodham Clinton" on all her official material, now you know why.

It looks like the bumper stickers will have to have a smaller font print to fit the full name!

posted on May, 1 2006 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Um I'd probably choose the shorter name because it's easier. Wow I can't believe someone's exact name can make that much of a difference with approval ratings.

posted on May, 1 2006 @ 03:10 AM
link   
I think she's got an image problem anyway but to my mind Hillary Clinton sounds much better than Rodham Clinton.

So I'll go with A

JM

new topics

join