It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO on TV during shuttle breakup?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Occasionally YouTube has some interesting footage. Unknown provenance but some cool stuff nonetheless. However, this video appears to show a ufo caught on camera, on Fox no less, and the camera actually zooms in to reveal what appears to be a structured craft.

Anyone know anything about this?

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by rich23
appears to show a ufo caught on camera, on Fox no less, and the camera actually zooms in to reveal what appears to be a structured craft.

It shows no such thing. GEEZ!! Am I blind or something? Do I never get to see the cool stuff everyone else apparently sees in videos? There's no structure. There's a bright spot lens-flaring and being WAY overly zoomed.

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Looks like its just part of the debris.

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 08:35 PM
link   

It shows no such thing. GEEZ!! Am I blind or something? Do I never get to see the cool stuff everyone else apparently sees in videos? There's no structure. There's a bright spot lens-flaring and being WAY overly zoomed.

Well its to the right of the shuttle (right hand on the screen) and behind it, as you can see a Plume following it that is parrallel to the shuttles plume. I don't think its a UFO tho. I thought usually there are chase planes that film the rockets leaving and entering the atmosphere.

Pie

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePieMaN
Well its to the right of the shuttle (right hand on the screen) and behind it

I know - I meant that I never see what the folks here "see". I look at a cloud and see a cloud. Others may see a mass of mind-control particles emitted by a plane flown by some government agency.

As for the "UFO", does anyone notice that its symmetry exists in perfect perpendicular orientation to the lens of the camera? Doesn't that help to indicate that this is just bright-object lens-flare with high zoom? It's like those sun photos folks used to post with classic saucer-looking objects near the sun, which just happen to all point edge-on toward whatever camera took the pic (no matter where around the sun that camera happened to be at any given moment).

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Hm. Ok.

What do people think of this?

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Hm. Ok.

Wow, that was awsome. Shape-shifting and everything. It appears to be a somewhat "old" picture to me.
More, please. lol

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Well, I don't see the shape-shifting, as another poster suggested. It looks like it's flipping into different positions in the wind, is all. Balloon? (You know - the long trashbag-like type, tied into a loose pretzel shape) It's really too hard to tell as there's not enough detail in the vid.

Why can't the aliens just come down real close so I can get a nice 5-megapixel photo??

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Hm. Ok.

Damn, that was seriously awsome footage! Does anyone have a link on the case of the dude who filmed the footage?

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 10:40 AM
link   
If you go back to the link, I think there's a way to contact the person who put it on YouTube, who may or may not be the one who took the footage. I've never tried it.

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sophismata

Well, I don't see the shape-shifting, as another poster suggested. It looks like it's flipping into different positions in the wind, is all. Balloon? (You know - the long trashbag-like type, tied into a loose pretzel shape) It's really too hard to tell as there's not enough detail in the vid.

What am I supposed to think of it? There's no information on it. Like who took it, when, where, with what kind of equipment. What is the context? The clip lasts 5 seconds? Did the sighting only last 5 seconds? What happened before and after this was taken?

Without knowing any of this stuff, the clip is nothing but "art." Just like on a gallery wall. It's an image that we project our feelings and imagination onto for entertainment. That's what it is.

Why can't the aliens just come down real close so I can get a nice 5-megapixel photo??

Oh, you know they would just control your mind so that you would forget to take the picture. They're big on mind control.

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Occasionally YouTube has some interesting footage. Unknown provenance but some cool stuff nonetheless. However, this video appears to show a ufo caught on camera, on Fox no less, and the camera actually zooms in to reveal what appears to be a structured craft.

Anyone know anything about this?

Lens flare! Lens flare! Lens flare!

Oh, that's not nice. Let me tell you what you want to hear. The Fox News cameraman was able to focus on a UFO that appeared during the shuttle crash. The UFO was in fact a bunch of aliens (or possibly time travelers), who came to watch and record the event. They may have also hit the shuttle with a Lazar (Bob) beam and made it break up during re-entry. Or maybe they tried to help it by enclosing it in a force field (like they did for Apollo 13), but it didn't hold. This is all part of a long history UFOs have had with NASA. Sometimes they help, sometimes they destroy.

How's that? Is that better? It's got all the drama and excitement of a real story. As for what it actually is, though, it looks like maybe a star or some bright aeroplane and a zoom lens effect. Because there never are any aliens; it all turns out to be a lot of junk.

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Well, I was interested in getting some reactions, and I certainly got some.

Lens flare! Lens flare! Lens flare!

Could you perhaps be a little ruder and more childish? And leap to conclusions a little quicker? "it's all junk". Well, thanks for that contribution to the debate.

It never ceases to amaze me how quick people are on this forum, either to go, "wow, cool, a real alien" or, more usually, to 'debunk'. There was another thread here with photos from sightings of a metallic-looking craft in Canada and, if memory serves, Scotland. As I recall, a couple of ferocious debunkers showed up desperate to prove that these images actually showed seagulls. So, in photos taken on two continents around the same time, two similarly contortionist and metallic seagulls showed up for the camera, orienting themselves identically towards the lens.

Yup, it's just an army of hoaxers out there pointing their camcorders at the sky and throwing frisbees up to make us all feel not quite so alone in the universe. There are no other life forms, we know that surpassing the speed of light is impossible and all the people in the Disclosure Project are deluded idiots out to make a fast buck from the gullible. Hmm.... this sarcasm thing is EASY.

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 07:07 PM
link   

two similarly contortionist and metallic seagulls showed up for the camera, orienting themselves identically towards the lens.Yup, it's just an army of hoaxers

Well, I saw those seagulls and they didn't look metallic to me. I guess that's in the eye of the beholder. Certain *clouds* can look metallic if smooth enough and shined on in the right way.

As for the hoaxers comment -- I would say that, as a skeptic (but wisher) I do NOT believe that these photos are mostly hoaxes. I think they are mostly honest mistakes. And some of them are truly unidentifiable - as balloons, seagulls, or whatever.

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 08:15 PM
link   
The final part of the shuttle video is kinda wierd! Exactly what does the camera zoom up on? Sorry, but it doesn't look like a lens flare at all. I'd have to say structured craft, IMHO!

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jeddyhi
Sorry, but it doesn't look like a lens flare at all. I'd have to say structured craft, IMHO!

Lens flare because it's symmetrical and edge-on relative to the lens of the camera, and that's even when they're zoomed in from really, really far. That's most likely just lens flare on a really super-bright piece of debris.

OR, it could be a spacecraft (roughly saucer) that just HAPPENS to be exactly edge-on and vertically oriented with regard to the camera (way zoomed in) on the ground, despite the angle of the camera being random with regard to the ground, etc...

Which is more likely? Which would you rather believe? I think I know the answer to both.

new topics

top topics

join