It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexicans Announce Space Program Plans

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 06:57 PM
link   
So I guess everyone who was or is worried about the Chinese or Koreans having orbital nuclear delivery systems will have something new to worry about. No word yet on any Mexican nuke programs. At least the U.S. won't need to go halfway around the world to invade them.

apc

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Ahahaha! That is AWESOME! MASA!!

Should be interesting!

>
Oh and uh, got links?

[edit on 27-4-2006 by apc]

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 08:39 PM
link   
thats exactly what I thought......
hillarous!

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Go Mexico Go, Im going there in 6 weeks!!!!!!!! I think they have the capability to rival anyone in space.

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Peruvianmonk
Go Mexico Go, Im going there in 6 weeks!!!!!!!! I think they have the capability to rival anyone in space.

lol, sorry, but I just cant think of a response that says it better then that.

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 07:32 PM
link   
the mexicans are so close to us they just hoped the little 3 foot border fence we have stole a couple rockets a old shuttle an some plan an left houston space center smelling like burritos

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I think it's great that Mexico is getting into the Space Race. Hopefully they will be able to make the materials for less than we can. Also, I foresee cooperation between Nasa and Masa(lol, lol, lol) or whatever they call it, we are too close of neighbors not to. And just remember all of this trade between the two will occur tax free due to Nafta.

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 05:51 PM
link   
So... is there any information in this thread, or is it just to bash Mexico? Cause you know Mexico is a small little country that could never hope to rival America in terms of a space program. It's chock full of crime and poverty too, and it's certainly a rich source of humor to make fun of. Truly this thread denies ignorance, and I give you all WATS awards. I feel smarter already.

Let's hope when we start exploring space as a species we leave these types of sentiments behind, eh? Any country which makes the first steps into space, however small, should be lauded, so long as they do so in the name of peace and exploration and not, oh, say, as an adjunct to a massive military program.

[edit on 29-4-2006 by koji_K]

apc

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Hey I'll bash Mexico all day long for trying to start a space program.

It's the American way!

Ive been known to criticize Russia for spending oodles of money they dont have while an enormous percentage of their population is below the poverty line. But Mexico... come on. Because of the blatently obvious fact that Mexico is one of the last countries to be in need of a space program (Ethiopia is probably next on the list), and really, Really has better things to spend state money on. Wow. I don't see how anyone can not laugh. It's almost so bad it must be an inside joke, literally.

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 08:55 PM
link   
First of all, it would be nice to have a link to confirm these intentions.

Second, the Mexicans can't even afford to feed their hungry let alone fund a manned space program.

Canada's economy is ten times of what Mexico's is and they haven't got a space program.

If Mexico pursues this, it'll show the world what kind of ignorant government is in control.

[edit on 29/4/06 by Intelearthling]

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 09:26 PM
link   
As I can't find anything on this topic using search engines, and it's not on the usual astronomy websites, I'm going write this one off as bunk.

Enkidu, if you can prove me (and others here) wrong, do it. Thank you.

apc

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 09:38 PM
link   
www.spacepolitics.com...

Reuters reports that the lower house of the Mexico's Congress has approved the formation of a national space agency for the country.

Seems Nigeria has one, too..

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Here's a Link to a Story

As it appears the legislation is being considered. Research will be for comsats and weather etc....who knows ten, fifteen years with some collaboration...?

Apparently they have already begun funding the research for heat shields…?

(link)

mg

[edit on 29-4-2006 by missed_gear]

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 04:39 AM
link   
I don't know what you mean, Masa is the name for the female half of the Sun in Japanese lore.

I'm looking forward to seeing the emergence of time-travel-capable sombrero-shaped craft myself.

[edited image tag -nygdan]

[edit on 14-6-2006 by Nygdan]

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 10:17 AM
link   
How about the Enchilada Lunar Landing Module captained by a "cayote" and all it would cost for a "ride" is $1500 and once they make it to the destination they are free to mooch off of the other planets generous free ride welfare for illegal "aliens" social system!

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Enkidu

OK OK OK SO HERES what i understand... all of your opinions are negative right?.... What do i think?, well i think the following:
Mexico is Part of the G8+5 if you ignorants know what that means. Mexico is Also the 14th biggest economy. Mexico is ready to take on the Heavy Weight Nation like the Europeans. Mexico is in the process of passing an amendment that will allow its military to intervine in international affairs or help nations that ask for it. Mexico is a close partner with Russia and Germany and is also A MEMBER of the security council of the UN. Mexico has the Allies and capabillity to develop its own tecnology for its own intrest. The Only nation that opposes Mexico is Brazil, but in a small way, Both of these countries want to be the leading political force in Latin America. But Brazil is a close economic ally to Mexico. I think Mexico is Ready to follow the polocies of the High developed countries in his own intrests, and a space program is only the beggining of something big for Maxico. And wach out because Russia, Brazil, Argentina, India, Mexico and China are ready to oppose any nation that threatens there intrests. And Mexico is not small its the 14th biggest nation and is the 11th nation in population.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   

So... is there any information in this thread, or is it just to bash Mexico?

Apparently not.

This thread is one big nationalist crap-flinging contest, and should be locked.

Mexico has as much right to start a space program as anyone else.
Obviously they're not going to be competing with the US

And we Americans shouldn't be lecturing the rest of the planet on "what they can afford" as we spend as much as the rest of the world combined on arms, even as our economy swirls down the drain.

join