It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Possibilities of Initial Terran-EBE Interaction

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 02:47 PM
link   
As someone who merely toys with the idea that Aliens exist and that MJ-12 is really being used as a liason between Terrans and EBEs, that the OPNAC is providing convincing enough cover stories, and that the Gov't doesn't want EBE existence to be exposed to the public for reasons of social preparedness and/or fear of international advancement due to alien technologies, I wondered, if it all were true, what would the eventual emergence of an Extraterrestrial Intelligence to the public be like? Would they accept it, and be glad we aren't alone? Would they try to extricate them b/c they are different like we did in our past with our own race?

So I started this thread to find out what you all think. I am undecided, and feel I do not have enough information on the subject to make an accurate prediction. I may include my own as it develops later in this thread.

For all intentional purposes, the question of this thread should be:
If EBEs were to become part of the public consciousness in the near future (10-20 years) from a standpoint that the gov't is actively engaged with them behind closed doors until their emergence into public view, what would the immediate, and even long-term implications be? To take it one step further, What would be the reasons behind entering the public view from an EBE perspective? from a gov't perspective?

Would we accept/deny? Would people denounce/revitalize "God"? Would the gov't acknowledge it's denial of their existence? How do you think they (EBEs) would come about making their initial contact? If it were a physical meeting, would people try to kill the EBEs, or befriend them?

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 10:45 PM
link   
For the partial answer to the question of how the humans will respond, we have only to look at our treatments, fears, suspicions and bigottry(sp) towards membgers of out own species but of different races.

I think the first order of an alien introduction is widespread fear, followed very closesly by a lot of anger toward the government.

There would truly be no diplomatic way to make the introductions. Nothing that would appease or relieve the population in regards to secrecy, misleading informations, outright denials etc etc etc.

The term Grin and Bear it comes to mind and the Gov.'s will have to suck it up if the day ever comes.

Personally I doubt there can be any positive gain on the part of the EBEs to be "outted". They have control and can adopt a take it or leave it attitude, feign indifference etc.

Again, (I've said it in another post similar) that I don't think humans as a collective have the ability to accept an other wordly event. I firmly believe it would be an absolute riot and chaos and panic would be overwhelming.

Personally, I'd be out there saying "See! See! I'm not a frigging looney toon!! They ARE real!! - then I'd be running for the hills with the rest of my Canadian brethen.

BTW - 10 to 20 years? Nah...maybe in 1/4 century we'll be more able to manage the truths...humans still have a long way to go toward acceptance of even our own kind in it's variances. We are an intollerable species I fear.

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Check out these responses:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

They should provide you with some feedback regarding the questions you pose.

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Have you ever considered the possibility that a significant portion of the global human response might be... indifference?

Obviously, this would be an enormously exciting event, with huge philosophical and religious significance. We, initially, would be happy or be scared or be angry at our governments, etc. But after the initial novelty wore off, how much would our day-to-day routine existence be affected or changed? (Assuming the aliens weren't a conquering army, or looking to eat us, or wanted our women!) I'd be willing to bet that a lot of folks would shrug their shoulders, assume The Authorities would handle it, and get back to the daily grind of work and family obligations. And that a lot of other folks would be just too unimaginative or too short-sighted to care. And I'd also be willing to bet that both attitudes would be encouraged by government and religious authorities, who would prefer their flocks keep their noses to the wheel and their brains on autopilot.

Of course, the conspiracy theorists would figure it was all an elaborate hoax! :-)

Baack

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 04:00 PM
link   
aye, thought it might be a recurring thread in this forum. But the responses on those threads agree with what I originally feared was true.

People just wouldn't be able to grasp the full scope of the truth if they were exposed to it in it's entirety. I think justgeneric is right that:

"Nothing that would appease or relieve the population in regards to secrecy, misleading informations, outright denials etc etc etc. "

That being said, I still believe there is an approach that would lead to full disclosure that could be accepted. If you look at society now, and compare it to society 30, 20, even 10 years ago, a lot has changed, mostly to do with what is deemed acceptable, or tolerable in some cases. Gradually over the past few decades we've been systematically integrating more and more edgey and borderline acceptable material into our already propagandistically festering media. Though this is probably just the nature of man, it does procure an interesting hypothesis.

What if the knowledge of an alien race were very slowly and cautiously integrated into our society, until a time when the whole curtain could rise unabated?

I'm not sure how to go about something like that, I would imagine you might integrate aliens/related material into regularly viewed tv shows, magazines, and the like, but with more of a humorous feel to lose any sense of immediate rejection to the idea. There are already tons of UFO shows on history channel, discovery channel, science channel, and sci-fi. These kinds of shows allow for exposure to those w/o the internet, and covers a greater area in general with a more serious air to them, providing at least the idea that we might not be alone. So far, all TV exposure ufology gets is skeptical debunkering.

It is my personal belief that if the public were exposed to believable information that didn't allude to the existence of a very advanced alien race that is harvesting humans for genetic experiments and our governing body is in cohorts with them, so we are basically cattle to them with no protection, but made them to be more like ghosts, visiting from time to time, some benevolent, some hostile, but with no means of direct and sustainable communication, as if they were mere guests of earth on occasion and not the permanent residents they may be then people would be more willing to accept that fate.

It is not necessarily hard to believe we are alone, it is harder to believe that we would deceive ourselves and sell our souls for the illusion of power like the gov't may have already done, and that our diplomatic relations with them are irreversible. So in short, it could be possible (IMO) to reduce skepticism of the topic/idea by careful and select implementation and integration of select pieces of information to ensure that they exist, but mention nothing of disinformation or the true alien motive.

Although I do not see any advantage for either the gov't or the EBEs for a global unveiling.

Meh. 10-20 yrs was a guesstimate, but then again 1/4 a century is only 25 years so.... not much difference but you are right, it may take much longer than I will readily admit. lol.

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 04:57 PM
link   
if we all just "out of the blue" got a "calling" and started making mountains in our Sheriff Mashed Potatoes? Likie in CE3? I just don't see it happening, sadly. 25 years may not even be enough time after thinking and pondering the question some more.

There's simply no trust. There is a whole lot of contempt though...been watching the Disclosure Project video...it really makes yah wonder about the future.

"To what end...?"

new topics

top topics

join