It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I need to know number of elected officials that have criminal records

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I am wanting to know how many of our elected officials have criminal records.I am interested in congress and senate mainly but if it is a top official I would still like to know.
There was once a list on the internet but I cannot find it now. This is for inclusion in a masters thesis so if there is a website that has the info I would like to have the link to it.

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Define "criminal record". Do you mean felonies, misdemenors or everything? I had a fine for not returning a library book. Not the library's fine but one from a magistrate. Is that a criminal act? I want to meet the person this day and age who doesn't have any type of record.

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Certain fines do not constitute a record. I have had a few fines in my day and it is no criminal record that will ever effect me down the road.

I would say most public officials did not have a record before office because it would deffinately limit their opportunity to run. Now public officials with a record after serving in office could be a different story.

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Here's a start locpicker.

DOES YOUR CONGRESSPERSON HAVE A CRIMINAL RECORD?

Hope this helps.

Perhaps you could make a post of your thesis, or portion thereof, when it's finished?!

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I am interested more in felonies and maybe even bankruptcies. Misdemeanors would be OK as well.

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Thank you 12m8keall2c. This was a real help. I am going to make it public at my website when completed. I have a rough draft there now for all to see but I would like to have the finished product before I really come out with it.

If you would like I can add you as a contributor in the footnotes. I can either use your name here or I can use your real name. This is totally up to you.

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 12:37 PM
link   
here is another link that has a list, I don't know if it is difffernet than the one above but it is definitely has done a lot of research on each one of the folks mentioned.
www.larryelder.com...

Also here is where you can find Bush and Cheney's arrests for driving drunk.
www.thesmokinggun.com...

[edit on 26-4-2006 by goose]

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Interesting site. Democrats 24 Republicans 9

This is just the ones mentioned by name and party on the website.
If your research permits, it would be interesting to have a break down by party and if the offense happened while they were in office.

df1

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I posted this link in another thread, perhaps it will be useful here.

REPUBLICAN PEDOPHILIA

It seems like the republicans pull ahead in the above link as it lists over 50 republican criminals. The website is certainly partisan, but have seen no one refute any of the crimes listed.

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 05:21 PM
link   
DF1 nice link.

Republican anti-abortion activist Neal Horsley admitted to having sex with a mule.

Is this for real?

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I will definitely try my best to break these down.I will still have to research these out and check for sources.
The offer I made still stands.If you contribute I will add your names as being a contributor if you desire.
I think I should make a special spot on my website just for this information.

I found this link today that has politicians from the 1700's to the present that you may be interested in.

politicalgraveyard.com...

df1

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Perhaps the following quote has a place on your website.

It could probably be shown by facts and figures that there is no distinctly native criminal class except Congress. -- Mark Twain

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I have placed these links on my website. You can visit them here: land-of-os.com... . Look in the Security Level. I also have left thanks on the website to AboveTopSecret and its members.
I will keep checking back. If you have other items of interest I will try to post if they are related to the topic of security. You can email me here or at my website.
Again, thanks for the help.

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I got this in an email the other day...have no idea how accurate it is, but thought I'd share it:

36 have been accused of spousal abuse
7 have been arrested for fraud
19 have been accused of writing bad checks
117 have directly or indirectly bankrupted at least 2 businesses
3 have done time for assault
71 cannot get a credit card because of bad credit
14 have been arrested on drug-related charges
8 have been arrested for shoplifting
21 are currently defendants in lawsuits
84 have been arrested for drunk driving in the past year

(this from the 535 members of Congress).

Sure would be interesting to see if that's all true.

[edit on 4-27-2006 by Valhall]

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
I got this in an email the other day...have no idea how accurate it is, but thought I'd share it:

36 have been accused of spousal abuse
7 have been arrested for fraud
19 have been accused of writing bad checks
117 have directly or indirectly bankrupted at least 2 businesses
3 have done time for assault
71 cannot get a credit card because of bad credit
14 have been arrested on drug-related charges
8 have been arrested for shoplifting
21 are currently defendants in lawsuits
84 have been arrested for drunk driving in the past year

(this from the 535 members of Congress).

Sure would be interesting to see if that's all true.

I wonder how many members are listed here more than once. How do you indirectly bankrupt a business? It seems that the bankruptcies and bad credit may go hand in hand.

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Jim,

What would really be an eye-opener is if there is a member who is on EVERY line item.

lol - We have a winner!

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
lol - We have a winner!

Ted Kennedy?

new topics

top topics

join