It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could turkey pull out of JSF?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 12:09 PM
link   
www.janes.com...

The Turkish defence industry will be so reliant on work on the F-35 Joint Strike Fighter (JSF) that if it does not get access to a greater potential share of subcontracts for the next-generation fighter it could suffer badly, a top Turkish defence industry official has said.

If they don`t get any more work they might very well pull out alltogether.

With Denmark and Norway looking at Gripen and Eurofighter , along with Holland and Belgium, will europe abandon the project?

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Interesting idea... however I would say no... The JSF will be an extremely expensive plane, and I dn't think that Turkey has the money... besides, the F-22 and teh F-35 will/if even that, only be sold to USA closest allies...

[edit on 26-4-2006 by Figher Master FIN]

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 01:08 PM
link   
FIN, surely if Turkey doesn't have the money that would be a reasopn why they WOULD pull out, as the original poster wrote?

On the same subject the UK has given the US deadline of the end of June before "an alternative plan is put into effect" whatever that might be?

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 04:41 PM
link   
any offical demands for the US from britain? what exactly are they looking for the US to deside on or do?

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Its the same old argument over the source codes, I'll watching with baited breath as the end of June approaches

I think its a very dodgy strategy because now we either get the source codes or we refuse to buy it. We don't seem to have left any middle ground.

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 06:22 PM
link   
i don't know,

for some reason i just have a feeling the only nations who will go ahead with the JSF project is the US/UK (maybe canada and australia too) -

if america is reluctant in giving the UK these codes (or whatever) they may just offer countrys like turkey a downgraded verson of the JSF, would this be good enough for turkey/holland?

i think for turkey and holland, the typhoon (eurofighter) would be a much better option anyways!!

by the sounds of it its a much better fighter than the JSF and a lot cheaper,

it makes sence.

[edit on 25-4-2006 by st3ve_o]

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 12:18 AM
link   
We dont know anything really factual about the F-35 JSF yet. The first production model just rolled off the assembly line not too long ago. I was watching a program on the Discovery Channel called future weapons. They had a segment on the JSF and the plane looked amazing to me, they showed it dropping their bombs, maneuvering and such. It looks like a fine aircraft, not to mention ist low observable stealth gives it a bit of an edge. Dont knock it until we all know the facts about the aircraft itself.

On a side note I dont think any of the countries who put money into the project will pull out until they have trials to see if the aircraft will be worth it. You never know the plane might be worth the wait.

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 12:26 AM
link   
I didnt know that the JSf was in production yet. Do you by any chance, know whos getting them first?

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 01:22 AM
link   
I do think that the Gripen would be a good choise... it isn't as expensive, but still very good...

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Typhoon is the best choice imho. Its a very capable plane and the best choice for a country who wants to join the EU.

new topics

top topics

join