It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus posts a thread

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 10:15 AM
link   
What if Jesus sat down with a computer today and started a thread about loving one another and loving one's enemies. What if His Sermon on the Mount were a thread. I'd like to restrict the thread to these ideas. What types of posts do you think he would get?

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 10:41 AM
link   
but the more I thought about it the more I thought, wait, perhaps in a sense, Jesus does post. If He lives inside a person and speaks through a person, then I'm certain that we not only read some of His thoughts but we hear Him speak (through His sheep) as well.

So what kind of posts do I think He would get? Well I think we see some of the reactions from people who love and believe in Him and those who perhaps don't know Him *yet* or even those who absolutely refuse to know Him. Everyday there is someone and even many that share His words with others, but do we always listen? Do we respect and love eachother really that much? Not really in my opinion. Not as we should.

So my motto, which I certainly don't always abide by is this; you never know when you might be speaking with Jesus Himself or even an Angel of the Lord(through someone else), so with that in mind it's easy to treat people with kindness and love.

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Magestica, hey first post, thanks for the thought. You know how it's said What Would Jesus Do, so I thought, ok what if Jesus posted a thread. I love what you said.

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I think you summed it up pretty well magestica.

Here's a thought:
Perhaps Jesus isn't just posting some threads and posts here, but instead He is posting all of them, even those that present a contrary viewpoint to that we would normally associate with His? The purpose being that He wishes to present an uncensored information source for us to distinguish the desired message. I think most would agree that "Love others as yourself" is a worthy credo to abide by, so perhaps we have already been able to receive the intended message. Whether we adhere to it or not is another challenge.

Great idea for a thread, by the way!

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 12:49 PM
link   
He's say today the same thing he said 2,000 years ago -
His two greater commandments -

Love God with your whole heart, mind, soul, and strength and
love your neighbor as yourself.

People still haven't gotten those right so I highly doubt He'd
add to that until we did.

BTW - 'kill all those who don't worship like me' is NOT following
the two greater commandments.

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 01:03 PM
link   
You know what would be scary though? If Jesus used chatspeak. o_o

luv thy neybor. lolz i luv u all. lolz

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 11:08 PM
link   
He would say he has a true understanding to all ones who have fallen,ones who have become sick,ones who never knew will have a chance to know in time.

He would say people that label me do nothing more but label theirself.

If you limit me you limit yourself.

The good, the bad and all that is in between is understandable just because I(JC) understand and some don't is also understandable. People fear the things they don't understand like me which is also understandable. So let down your fears and live.

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 11:24 PM
link   
" Father.... forgive them, they know not what they blog"

posted on May, 1 2006 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I think if he posted it would say:
"These are my words, not those in herbrew, Arabic nor any other language translated by mans will. These are my words spoken to you in the language you were born to understand and understand you shall without anothers influence:
I am the Son of God, The messenger for my Father the almighty. I am not to be worshiped as God, but only his humble messenger. All i have said is true and now you know for sure. The world wont end but seriously, stop drinking so much coke and fast food, stop having sex every friday night, be happy and shiz, love your friends and family, honor your parents, dont lie, respect your elders, respect your society, respect the laws, work for yourself and family, work is not for money but for family and community, deny not those who seek to inflict hate on you, the right to a good life, show them guidance, guidance through principals, principals through teaching"

Something like that

new topics

top topics

join