It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do the good?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2003 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Why do alot of good people that contribute to their societies die so young? Some examples in history could be Bruce and Brandon Lee, Mozart, Alexander the Great, Julius Caesar, William Wallace, and Edgar Allan Poe. People posed on the cusp of doing something great only to get cut down? What gives? Why do you think this happens?

posted on Oct, 16 2003 @ 05:44 AM
link   
They died because they were going against evil/bad.

Evil things are easier to do than the good things.

So...we all watched braveheart. WE know what happened to william wallace and his pack of scoundral thug scottish people who play them damned pipes.

posted on Oct, 16 2003 @ 06:00 AM
link   
I think that it happens because I believe we all have a destiny. I think that we are put here to do "something" weather its to help a little old lady cross the street when we are 19 or to invent the time machine when we are 60, when the event occurs that we were supposed to do then we are sent on to the next plane of reality and existence. A poem that was at my best friends funeral that I would like to share is very meaningful to me because it was true about him.
He was 36 years old had a beautiful wife and 3 little girls was a successful import/export manager.
He owned 2 businesses. His life was taken by cancer.
On his death bed he made peace with dying and after fighting 6months thru radiation and kemo therapy and brain surgery he was worn out and told me that he had accomplished everything he wanted to do with his life.
and that he was ready to die. Weather or not his mission in life was to have a daughter or move to Georgia or make sure hes trucking business got off the ground we will never know. He died 2 weeks to the day after he told me that.
So anyways since then I really have believed more in predestiny.

A golden heart stopped beating
Hard working hands at rest
God broke our hearts to prove to us
he only takes the best.

Mark

posted on Oct, 16 2003 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Well, I dunno if anybody listed did much "good". The Lees were just rich movie stars, Ceasar was a terrible dictator (but good political leader), Alexander the Great was murderous, Edgar Alan Poe was a depressed drunk (like many people), Mozart was born into wealth and could thus explore his talents (Think of how many poor kids never get that chance), William Wallace like many soldiers, died for his country. Thousands upon thousands of men do this in wars all the time, and most remain nameless.

The media has a way of idolizing these people who were just that, people. They were full of faults and some died as a result of them. Certainly they had some acheivements, but nothing that could be seen as a great tragedy regarding their demises as being "good" people unworthy of such deaths. Rock stars who die from alcohol or drug abuse have only themselves to blame for their deaths as well.

I feel worse for children who die that never even get the chance to become notable for any achievements. Those are true tragedies of life taking away people in their youth.

[Edited on 16-10-2003 by heelstone]

posted on Oct, 16 2003 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Yes, I could see that each of us as a mission and once that mission is done, so are we. What a heart felt story Mark. I guess we could try to discern what mission they had done before they left us.

[Edited on 10-16-2003 by Cearbhall]

top topics

join