It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texans Going To Pawn Shops To Get Extra Gas $$

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2006 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Source

Texans Going To Pawn Shops To Get Extra Gas $$

(CBS 11 News) DALLAS High gasoline prices are causing some people to take desperate measures.

Pawn shops say their business is increasing, with some customers saying they're selling things to buy gas.

Gas prices are climbing again, with most stations prices hovering at, or just below $3.00 a gallon. For some people the high fuel prices are overwhelming.

"We just have customers come in and have to tell us that they need money ‘till the end of the week, for gas to get back and forth to work," said pawn shop owner, Gerald Costner.

Everything from high end jewelry, to name brand purses, and televisions… pawn shop owners say they are seeing it all come in. They say customers are frustrated and have no place to go to get extra cash for gas.

"Some of the construction people tell us they are having to pawn their tools to buy gas, but when they pawn their tools they can't go out and work in the construction business ‘cause their tools are in pawn. So it kind of a catch-22,” Costner said.

The pinch is being felt all the way to Texas, Bush's home state. What happened to price gouging? Is it no longer relevant?

As i sit here and make my food list ,

I am planning on buying lots of pasta this week. Ironic how a nation that wants people to lose weight, is the very nation that gives us the hardship of having to eat starchy fatty stuff, because its cheap.

Anyway, (didnt mean to hijack my own thread LOL,) but i think if there are any elections this year, things are going to change drastically. Even Texas wont be voting for their usual party. I pray.

posted on Apr, 22 2006 @ 09:47 AM
link   
My recommendation: Anyone who now currently holds office, VOTE THEM OUT! Start from scratch, VOTE THEM ALL OUT. Keep a sharp eye on the voting booths as well because i think we are now in the age of vote manipulation. I feel that it happened in the '04 presidential race in certain areas *cough* ohio. It is my fear that even exercising our right to vote really doesnt mean anything anymore and the results can and will be changed to the person that the PTB want there....usually the greedy little snake that has his hand in the lobbyist pie.

join