It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Red rain from another planet?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 10:09 PM
link   
www.rediff.com...

'On July 25, 2001, blood-red rain fell over Kerala. The unusual phenomenon continued for two months, raining crimson, turning clothes pink, burning leaves on trees. In some places, the rain fell in scarlet sheets.'

'What makes this finding most important is the biological cell-like nature of the particles.... But, despite these biological indications, the cells do not show the presence of DNA. The genetic molecule DNA is present in all living organisms found on Earth, so the absence of DNA argues against the biological nature of these cells.'

The researcher's assertion, though initially ridiculed, is now being championed by mainstream experts. Could this be alien life?

posted on Apr, 22 2006 @ 12:43 AM
link   
I don't understand? how can rain travel through space, what are you trying to say? That the rain flew through space all they way here? Sounds unlikely to me? Present some more information, and I might be convinced.

apc

posted on Apr, 22 2006 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Try the article...

He diligently gathered rain samples and, after months of painstaking research, concluded: 'The red particles, which caused the red rain of Kerala, are of extraterrestrial origin.'

Plenty of information there.

posted on Apr, 22 2006 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Maybe its the red particles from a small ateroid entering the earth's atmoshpere, but burned up before it hit ground, and the red particles that were in it maybe mixed with rain. then again it could have just been some type of weird acid rain, that would burn clothes. i remeber learning about red rain (blood rain) in rome and the romans thaught it was the gods blood but it was actually just sand being drifted up from the egyption desserts , mixing with the rain and giving it a red appearance. i dont knoww what it is but if its extraterrestrial, we may have just dicovered something new.

EDIT: Ok, now that ive actually read the article, it goes with exactly what i said, but who knows, im no biologist.

[edit on 4/22/2006 by Schmidt1989]

posted on Apr, 22 2006 @ 12:19 PM
link   
It's a long held theory that life originated elsewhere in the Universe and was transported to Earth in some way. I think it's entirely possible that this "Red Rain" drifted through space as particles, entered our atmosphere, then combined with the water in the air to fall as rain. Though I'd think that it would have fallen over a wider region if that was the source.

An Earthly explanation will probably be the answer, we find out new things about our planet on a daily basis.

posted on Apr, 22 2006 @ 12:43 PM
link   
the way i read the article an asteroid/meteor '50'000kg'???? wow!!!surely not??? exploded in a sonic boom relatively locally to the cloud formation showering it in just which then combined with the moisture to make the red rain

i find it interesting that 'human criteria' is always applied to decide wether it is 'life' or not

does no-one at all ever think that ufos pass by,take a look at us and say

"hmm ,weird structures,seemingly random movements of 'subjects' orderly in others" then scuttle off home to write on their ats boards that while interesting scientifically just' does not meet their criteria as constituting life'

this was a perfect example of the arrogance of 'man' that they immediately wrote off the publishing scientists theory as rubbish and not possible only to come back years later and say'ok maaaaaaybe you were right after all'

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I don't see any mainstream experts that are championning his idea at all.

Scientists were shocked, and the government ordered an investigation. Scientists concluded that the rain was red because winds had swept up dust from Arabia and dumped it on Kerala

Red rain has fallen on all parts of the world at one time or another, and it's always because of dust storms somewhere on the planet. Just because 1 guy sais differently, doesn't make it so.

new topics

top topics

join