It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do You Need A Miracle Or Answer To Prayer

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 12:13 AM
link   
God answers all of my prayers...

Sad thing is, its usually in the form of, "Ha ha ha ha!!!! You must be joking! Suck it up loser!"

What a kind and benevolent spirit....

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Gazrok,,

If you beleive, they will be answered in due time. Some times we have to face trials and tribulations. I'm sorry. I feel as you feel, but what i am doing now is praying for others and let others pray for me.
Give that a try. See if other's prayers come through. I have stopped praying for myself.

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
God answers all of my prayers...

Sad thing is, its usually in the form of, "Ha ha ha ha!!!! You must be joking! Suck it up loser!"

What a kind and benevolent spirit....

Gazrok, I know it may seem that your prayer are being answered that way. However, God answers prayer in three ways, yes, no and wait. God is not a vending machine who dispenses all that we ask of Him.

AngelWings, I pray for the recover of your mom. Nine years ago this past Easter, my dad had a massive heart attack. The doctors told us that if he lived another year, it would be a miracle. We prayed that if it be God’s will that he could remain with us. My mom was so very dependant on him and they loved each other so much. But we also wanted a quality life for him rather than just quantity of life.

Fast forward to this past summer when after getting over treatment for prostrate cancer, he discovered that he had a tumor on his lung. I had to go home in June to help out my mom (she never learned to drive) and I am grateful to God that I was allowed that visit. It had been seven years since I had seen my parents due to work, financial problems, and geographical distance. My dad got better, and I had a wonder visit with both.

Then in November, we found out that my mom had inoperable pancreatic cancer. She was placed in a hospice room in a nursing home. My dad also had diabeties and he was hospitalized on Christmas day. A week later, he was moved to the same nursing home.

I went back to Florida a few days after New Years and stayed for two months. My parents celebrated their 48th wedding aniversary on January 10. They both went downhill after that. As my mom’s condition deteriorated, my dad struggled with the duality of congestive heart failure and diabeties. Too much fluid could bring on CHF, but too little fluid could cause a clot.

My mom passed peacefully in her sleep on February 7, 2006. My dad held her hand and said “Prasie the Lord.” Thirteen days later, my dad passed a massive clot and died peacefully in his sleep. God has been good to us. I miss my parents, but I am comforted by the fact that I KNOW I’ll see them again. I feel that it will be soon. This man was not my biological father, but he was and will always be my daddy.

Mom

Dad

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by AngelWings9999
Everyday I Will Pray You Get Yours!

You're not the only one. And don't think that doesn't concern me.

I'm reminded of Clint Eastwood's quote in The Unforgiven"-

"We've all got it coming, kid."

(I know what you mean, and it's a wonderful sentiment. But I must admit when I think of someone praying I'll get mine, it's a little unsettling).

posted on May, 6 2006 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright

Originally posted by AngelWings9999
Everyday I Will Pray You Get Yours!

You're not the only one. And don't think that doesn't concern me.

I'm reminded of Clint Eastwood's quote in The Unforgiven"-

"We've all got it coming, kid."

(I know what you mean, and it's a wonderful sentiment. But I must admit when I think of someone praying I'll get mine, it's a little unsettling).

Thank You for pointing that out to me OWIE LOL Gee, I was already corrected very nicely by someone on another post to be careful on how I word myself, and I did it again lol I'm glad you knew what I meant, hopefully others did too, good ol Clint but I don't want to be know as AngelClint lol Once Again Sincerely Pardon that, How about this, ( I Will Pray That God Answers All Your Prayers Amen! ) As I was saying in another post, how my mom always said it as it is, and I tend to put honey on it, If I'm not careful at how I word myself, the bee's my start attacking lol I think I will start typing on here when it's not so late, that way there I won't be so tired and forget that all are not mind readers lol! A Blessed Blessed Day To You!
Thanks Again
Angel

posted on May, 6 2006 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Dark Elf,
Thanks for your prayers, I'm sorry for your loss, your words gave me strength, Praise God, Oh how Our Lord guided your every step!
Sometimes we don't understand at the moment when our Loved ones are suffering, but if we Trust God, He is Faithful & True to bring us through!
Your story was so moving, Thank You for sharing that! I will keep you in my Prayers, along with everyone else on here!

Gaz, I will pray that God answer your prayers! When you were a little kid, remember when you wanted something real bad, and you bugged your parents to buy it or have it, until they were blue in the face! So it is with our God! His Word says, " Knock & Keep Knocking & The Door will be Opened Unto You "

DG, Thanks for all your prayers, I know the Lord is making a way to answer all yours! I pray your Blessed beyond measure! Amen & Amen

top topics

<< 1   >>

join