It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dashboard camera catches UFO/meteor ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 04:21 AM
link   
www.m90.org...

I post this becasue i never seen it and dont know what it is, i would say it is a meteor. I dont know ?
Its cool flashing changing UFO or meteor .

Could it be a UFO? Well for me it is ,because i dont know what it is.

Watch it and leet me know what you think.

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Mmmm very interesting to say the least,notice how the object lights up the cloud as it passes through.I would take a guess at meteor but its a bit of a funny colour...

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 05:48 AM
link   
yeah,, looks odd.
I havn't seen a meteor bfore, or a ufo..so i dunno.
Looks like it came from nowhere

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 06:59 AM
link   
I've seen this video before. What you're seeing here is the legendary "Fireball".

Fireballs account for probably the largest number of false positives in UFO mythos than anything else besides the planet Venus (which tends to be "the bright light that followed me home!").

Fireballs are, essentially, small comets that burn through our atmosphere - releasing many different and untainted gases that are trapped in the ice. The incredible temperatures produced by the friction turn those gases into plasmas (lightning is a plasma), which is why they give off strange colours. Most predominant for Fireballs are green, but they have been noted to turn red, blue, and even purple!

I actually saw a fireball with my own eyes before. It was at Carleton University in Ottawa, Canada. It was about 3:00am. I was up that early because some idiot thought it was funny to pull the fire alarm. Still, it was because of that chance event that I got to see another INCREDIBLY chance event! Other people saw the fireball, but didn't know what it was, so I told them. It was really cool. I had never seen anything like it.

Now I see the videos and I hear the descriptions some people give of their UFOs, and I can tell you that a LOT of them are fireballs! Especially since plasma can act wierd (plasma reacts strongly to magnetic fields), fireballs are silent, and they can even change colours as different gases are exposed to the atmosphere.

Also, they can disappear in an instant - either burning up or exploding.

So, as I usually say here, it's not a UFO - but it's not something everyone sees during their life-time.

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 01:48 PM
link   
What i think there is some water on the window and the light reflex in it and then the weird lightning came up..

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yarium

Now I see the videos and I hear the descriptions some people give of their UFOs, and I can tell you that a LOT of them are fireballs! Especially since plasma can act wierd (plasma reacts strongly to magnetic fields), fireballs are silent, and they can even change colours as different gases are exposed to the atmosphere.

Also, they can disappear in an instant - either burning up or exploding.

So, as I usually say here, it's not a UFO - but it's not something everyone sees during their life-time.

Oh so that flat black cylinder floating across the sky the size of a boxcar in broad daylight I saw several years ago was a fireball too was it? Nice to know that there is an easy explanation to any unknown that keeps the masses happy.

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 01:59 PM
link   
It appears to be a meteor...BUT WHAT A COOL CATCH!
Awesome video and thanks for sharing.

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I have seen something like that myself, it lit up the whole sky! (a meteor)
I guess this is also a meteor, but it looks like it had a green color? (a little weird)

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by denythestatusquo
Oh so that flat black cylinder floating across the sky the size of a boxcar in broad daylight I saw several years ago was a fireball too was it? Nice to know that there is an easy explanation to any unknown that keeps the masses happy.

Hey, I said many, not all. You are jumping to conclusions about me much faster than I have jumped at you. In fact, I haven't jumped at you. I'd be HAPPY to investigate your UFO sighting though, to try to determine exactly what it was.

Now, I will need to know some information on your UFO sighting first before I can start getting into more depth.

1. How long did the sighting last for? Please try to be accurate, so no "it seemed like forever!" stuff - try to put down an exact time length.

2. How did the black cylinder act? Did it fly in one direction over the horizon/hills/houses? Or did it move erratically and disappear with extreme speed? Or did it do something else entirely?

3. What were the weather conditions like on this day? This is very important. I researched another UFO claim about a "boiling surface" which turned out to be an exceedinly rare cloud formation. I was able to determine that this rare cloud formation was illuminated by something on the other side of it! Thus it's still a UFO, but left open many other more terrestial explanations.

4. How close were you approximately to the flying object? What is the approximate size of a box-car (pretend I know nothing)? Is it possible this was an optical illusion of size and distance (something small but close, something very large but far away)?

Answer these questions and who knows, we'll be able to determine just what it is you saw. If I can't answer it, then you can feel more confident than ever that it was a UFO. If I can find a real explanation for it, then I hope you accept the truth that there's other possibilities out there.

I'll U2U this to your inbox so you definitely see that I am serious about investigating UFO stories.

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1337nessCas
What i think there is some water on the window and the light reflex in it and then the weird lightning came up..

That was my first reaction, it is a reflection from the inside of the window.

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 11:19 PM
link   
It's very clearly a meteor. These aren't that rare but they're uncommon enough to make people really think about what they saw.

When these meteors are seen, it is not uncommon for them to be seemingly greenish in color.

top topics

join