It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

human exoskeletons

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 12:02 AM
link   
www.spectrum.ieee.org...

I saw the recent post about mechs and thought of this... a bunch of researchers around the world who developed various mechanical systems to add to the human body. No article, though, just the pretty pictures for you to gape and gawk at

I'm pretty sure this is on the 'free' public section of the IEEE website, so it should be accessible by all, but if it is not, well, then this post should probably be deleted by a mod. (some sections of IEEE.org require you to be a paid member, and it wouldn't be nice if I posted all their stuff, now, would it?)

edit to add: Ok good, other ppl can access that link, so it must be in the free section

[edit on 17-4-2006 by DragonsDemesne]

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 01:07 AM
link   
SWEEEEET!!!!!! I WANT ONE!!! TOO bad this is gonna be very expensive technology for years to come and used primarily by military more than likely. SWEET THOUGH!!

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Military uses are always the first....these things would make a lot of sense to be used in factories/docks....but hey...wont happen for ages.

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArchangelOfCool
Military uses are always the first....these things would make a lot of sense to be used in factories/docks....but hey...wont happen for ages.

Well they are starting to be tested in Hospitols. Nurses are testing them to help them move "heavy set" patients around without strain or help. This technology is coming sooner then we all think IMO.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 06:25 AM
link   
The one in the picture is called H.A.L. (hybrid assistive limb) its japanese i think and is designed for use in hospitals to help move patients around.
Search youtube you will find loads of info!

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Cant wait for halo 4 or 5 to come out right now.

The new genesis begins!

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ArchangelOfCool

Thing is, the military doesn't have to make a profit, in fact, they don't make money at all. If they can get the funding, they can afford to operate maintainence intensive new technologies.

Dock facilities need to be profitable. Forklifts are based off technology about a hundred years old. Cheap to acquire, cheap to run, easy to train people on. There's few things a guy in a powered suit could do that a forklift cant, but nobody with a power suit is going to grab things 3 shelves up, 20 feet off the floor.

It's easier and cheaper to just arrange all your facilities to accommodate the most cost-effective technology available to you. So that's how it's done.

Now hospitals are a different matter. You can't go driving forklifts in just to pick up fat people. Not to mention how that would be both hilarious and rude.

new topics

top topics

join