It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An American Haunting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Is anyone else looking foward to this movie? It's based off the Bell Witch of Tennessee.

Official movie website

Here is a website about the Bell Witch.

posted on Apr, 15 2006 @ 12:38 AM
link   
If its anything like Blair Witch, you can count me out.

posted on Apr, 15 2006 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I agree with you ViolatoR. The Blair Witch was a load of crap.

Did you even click the link to watch the trailer?

posted on Apr, 22 2006 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I hate to bump my own thread. I guess I am the only one to find this movie interesting.

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 02:14 AM
link   
So whos seen it yet? Theres obviously no comparison to the blair-wasteofmytime-witch. At first it kinda reminded me of the Salem movie with Wynona Ryder in it.

If even half of what happened in this movie was real, I would have definetly crapped my pants and believed in witches or demons or whatever they thought it was. Plus it happened in 1817, so people were more apt to belive in witches.

Theres some good haunting stuff and poltergeist things that happen. Anyone thats a fan of either subject will enjoy it. I saw it in a theater where an usher had to come in before it started and tell everyone to shut up or they'd be throw out. So as you can imagine I was in a very noisy theater and it was hard to get into the "mood" like I would be able to at home with the lights off and no cell phones ringing and people crunching popcorn or little kids lauging at every damn thing that happened on the screen. I wasnt totally thrilled with the movie, but im sure if I watched it at home instead it would have been better.

*Possible spoiler alert, im gonna discuss the movie in more depth*

Anyways the camera angles pretty much made the argument that it was a poltergeist and not a haunting, plus the "entity" followed the girl. At first I was thinking it was some type of asteral-attack on part of Ms. Batt the supposed witch. But then she says she didnt put a curse on them and the father is one who cursed the family. I hadnt read about the Bell witch until after the movie so that I wouldnt have any preconcieved notions. And that probably helped.

The story seems to be the least likely description of what actually happened. After reading about the true story, and how the ghost returned several years later and talked to the son and prophesised and so on, it would rule out poltergiest. Im thinking it was a demon in real life. If your a fan of the Bell's Witch "true" story - dont see this movie or the other 2 which came out recently. Usually people get uptight when a movie isnt exactly how they imagined it. Otherwise see it in a quiet theater.

Oh and wasnt that carriage crash the coolest carriage scene ever?? In real life Andrew Jackson (pre-President) came to the farm and his carriage stopped for no reason and was impossible to move, until he mentioned that it must be the Bell's Witch, after which he heard something and the carriage began to move again.

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by ViolatoR
If its anything like Blair Witch, you can count me out.

Same here just watched 3 -4 seconds of the preview not my cup of tea looks like carp to me i prefer serial killer \or Zombie type movies.

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Just saw this movie and it was pretty good, id give it a 7 out of 10. It was a little slow, and the ending wasnt what i wanted but other then that it was pretty freaky. Has a kind of emily rose type feel to it. Only not as solid as that crap your pants flik

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 09:36 PM
link   
i thought it was pretty lame... it wasnt even that scary. it had its jumps and stuff, but i though it was a pretty weak story and relied entirly on the camrea moving at fancy angles.

posted on May, 20 2006 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I just saw this movie and it really had me thinking.
I won't say what it had me thinking because I don't want to spoil the movie for anyone.

It was not bad. I liked how the camera would be in the point of view of the entity...that was pretty trippy.

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Garbage.

The Director did not have a clue. He had all those good actors and didn't know how to direct them. What a shame. What a joke of a movie.

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 02:58 AM
link   
I was hyped about this movie.

My room mate saw it and told me a bit about the ending. I was rather dissapointed.

It's a shame that movies never follow "the book" or "the legends" that inspire them:shk:

top topics

join