It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DEA Arrests Former Humane Society Director

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 09:40 AM
link   
I did it for my dog. That is the former executive director of the North County Humane Society's story, and she is sticking to it. The former interim director, whose drug registration number was fraudulently used, is puzzled as to why anybody would be giving Vicodin to a dog. 3600 pills over a five month period, to be exact.

www.nctimes.com
OCEANSIDE ---- Stacy Steel, arrested Monday by federal authorities for allegedly obtaining controlled substances by fraud while working as executive director of the North County Humane Society, told investigators she got the drugs for her dog, according to the Drug Enforcement Administration.

Steel allegedly obtained 3,600 tablets of the prescription Vicodin over a five-month period ---- from October 2005 to February 2006 ---- special agent Dan Simmons of the Drug Enforcement Agency said Tuesday. As executive director, Steel allegedly directed others at the Humane Society to order the drugs, Simmons said.

Simmons said Steel is suspected of obtaining the 36 bottles of Vicodin pills by deceit, ostensibly for her dog.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

If Stacy Steel's story is true, which I doubt, that is one dog that was definitely feeling no pain for a while.

According to the article, Vicodin is rarely used for dogs, and then only for post operative pain. Normally, Hycodan, a related opiate, is used as a canine cough suppressant.

I get the impression there was more going on here than poochie pain relief. Looks to me like a conspiracy to fraudulently obtain an illicit substance for personal use, or possibly for distribution.

Related News Links:
www.nctimes.com
www.nctimes.com
www.nctimes.com
www.nctimes.com

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I don't think even I could use that much Vicodin so quickly, let alone a dog --even a large one--...spare me, she was obviously involved in some nefarious act.

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Yep. I've run the gamut of the opiates in the last four years, and stopped taking them completely. Vicodin, Vicoprofen, Trazadone, they stopped killing the pain and ended up nearly killing me, or at least making me feel really sick. Blecccck, Ptooie!

Let's see, 3600 over 5 months, that's something like 720/mth. That's a whopping 24 pills a day, enough, if they were the regular 500mg/5mg, let alone the 750mg/7.5mg monsters, to kill a horse, let alone a human or a dog.

I have to conclude she was either selling or giving them away, or was insanely addicted.

new topics

join