It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The worldwide web is evolving into its new phase

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Is this the start of the new internet that we have been hearing about? Where everything up there will be censored, and the vital information out there will start to disappear. Are we now about to re-enter the dark ages?

www.sundayherald.com
IMAGINE a world where wars are fought over the internet; where TV broadcasts and newspaper reports are designed by the military to confuse the population; and where a foreign armed power can shut down your computer, phone, radio or TV at will.

In 2006, we are just about to enter such a world. This is the age of information warfare, and details of how this new military doctrine will affect everyone on the planet are contained in a report, entitled The Information Operations Roadmap, commissioned and approved by US secretary of defence Donald Rumsfeld and seen by the Sunday Herald.

The Pentagon has already signed off $383 million to force through the document’s recommendations by 2009. Military and intelligence sources in the US talk of “a revolution in the concept of warfare”. The report orders three new developments in America’s approach to warfare:

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

We have been hearing for a while that the big brother state is not too happy with the amount of information that is circulating on the worldwide web at the moment. Knowledge certainly is power, which is definately something that we cannot be allowed to have. Imagine if the information that has risen on the internet about 911 was never able to reach the worlds population through this medium. How many people would know what is really going on? When they have total control of the information super highway, we will be in the dark ages once again. God help us all.

Related News Links:
www.rense.com

[edit on 13-4-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

[edit on 13-4-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

[edit on 19-4-2006 by asala]

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 10:30 AM
link   
This is why I am so dedicated to speaking out right now about the issues of the day that concern and effect us all. If, in my paranoid rantings, I am only correct about 1% of the conspiracies I speculate on, at least I have helped to raise awareness and encourage open debate and discussion while it is still possible.

These are heady times we live in, indeed, and I say carpe diem while the sun still shines!

Otherwise, all that will be left to seize on will be darkness.

Do not go gentle.

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Not if the web becomes conscious of itself, it is a very real possibility. Sounds crazy, but a lot of well informed people have bantered about with this very idea. How it will happen is anyone's guess right now._javascript:icon('
')
_javascript:icon('
')

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 01:28 PM
link   
internet is a joke.no private about it.only thing good about it is public ideas are used so some may profit .......

[edit on 14-4-2006 by flukemol]

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 05:05 PM
link   
There are several previous threads that talk about certain search engines getting caught censoring certain data. ok,ok i will tell ya...
Google got caught

Google censors Charlie Sheen

If you check out the thread, it may give you other articles as well, to support your arguement.

I do fear what a "chained" internet would become..
Info wants to be free... can we blame it?

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 08:02 AM
link   
and the plot thickens

bye bye internet we all know and love

www.rense.com...

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by flukemol
internet is a joke.no private about it.only thing good about it is public ideas are used so some may profit .......

[edit on 14-4-2006 by flukemol]

so you think it is a joke that you can leave this post and basiscally say what you want.

will you still think it is a joke when you cannot?

POWER TO THE PEOPLE!!!

new topics

top topics

join