It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Odd ear dischrage

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Ok this is kinda embrassing but whatever....

Last thursday i got an ear ache no big woop ive always had problems with my ears but none like this..when i woke up there was stuff like phlem coming out of my ears ....well i started freaking out and had a shower to wash it away then about 2 hours later it came back it keeps flowing out till yesterday but now theres only liquid no phlemy stuff but it has got to be the worst smelling thing ever and its really makin me paranoid ,

what the hell is wrong with my ears??

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by WERE_ALL_GONA_DIE
Ok this is kinda embrassing but whatever....

Last thursday i got an ear ache no big woop ive always had problems with my ears but none like this..when i woke up there was stuff like phlem coming out of my ears ....well i started freaking out and had a shower to wash it away then about 2 hours later it came back it keeps flowing out till yesterday but now theres only liquid no phlemy stuff but it has got to be the worst smelling thing ever and its really makin me paranoid ,

what the hell is wrong with my ears??

It sounds like your eardrum burst. that "stuff" is from the infection. Go to a doctor and get antibiotics...NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I would go to a doctor for that one, pronto. It sounds like it may be an ear infection, according to this site. Another possible thing is that you have swimmers ear, which has a symptom of a nasty smelling discharge. You can read more about that here.

If it is an infection, you want to get it taken care of as soon as possible. Your ear is very close to your brain, and if the infection spreads (bacteria infections, the ones you take antibiotics for, tend to do this), it can have permanent effects and even be fatal.

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 02:02 PM
link   
well is sounds like infection and you need to go to the doc to get some ear drops or possible meds,

DO NOT stick you fingers in your ears ect,

But really this is a *see doc thing*

WAGD? have you showed your mum?

[edit on 11-4-2006 by asala]

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 07:34 AM
link   
OK PLEASE STOP TELLING ME THIS COULD BE FATAL!!

ok now iam officaly freaking out!!

....Ok iam after calming down,

The pain in my ear is gone and the gunk has stoped coming out but now theres a pain just above my temple on the same side as the ear (left) ,could this be realted to my ear troubles?

[edit on 12-4-2006 by WERE_ALL_GONA_DIE]

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Maybe you went on a trip with Ford Prefect and forgot to take the babelfish out

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 11:29 AM
link   
It could be that the infection spread, or it could be completely unrelated. Infections are nothing to play with; I learned that at a young age when I had a tooth infection but didn't tell my parents because I feared the dentist. It wound up spreading across my face...They did notice when the left side of my face looked like an over-ripe tomato

Before antibiotics came about, the number one killer in the world was infection. A simple paper (parchment?) cut could turn into something that would cost you your arm if not your life. Now we have antibiotics, and cheap antibiotics, but you need to take them for their life saving effects to take place. If money or insurance is a problem, you can let the doc know. I had an infection that wasn't so present several years ago, but was unemployed and didn't have health insurance. I had to pay $60 for a doctor's visit, but I let her know what the $ problem was, and she prescribed me penicillin...Cost me $3.

Always take care of infections through a doctor's visit, especially if the infection is somewhere on your head.

new topics

top topics

join