It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Too much disinfo!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 01:41 PM
link   
When I joined ATS I liked the fact that information regarding every concieveable topic was discussed. No matter what subject appeared the pro's and con's of each theory was debated in an organised manner, no name calling, no issue was regarded as stupid by members or ridiculed.

Now it may just be me, BUT are people not actually questioning data? If I came up with a theory many people would believe me outright and many people won't even research the topic but will believe anything which isn't the printed truth, basically from one extreme to another.

This sites motto is 'deny ignorance' but this should work BOTH ways. Not every person on here posts to actually raise awareness for particular topics, some do it for the hell of it.. because they actually like the power gained from spreading what can only be classed as a lie and people believing ever word.

Those people who actually question/ deny what they are being told are often critisised for their honesty and 'ignorance'. I can post afew threads on this site where people aren;t questioning the information even though valid source material is over looked because people are often believeing anything but the truth. [Mods: I'm not sure if i can post examples so won't do as of yet,].

So what am i trying to prove.. Well essentially nothing. I just want people to open their eyes both ways and look at both sides of the story. At the end of the day not everything is a conspiracy. Too many posts aren't being analysed fully as people are afraid to appear ignorant or be attacked for standing up for what they believe.

I do not want people's theories to be ridiculed (it does take time and effort when presenting a theory) but more people should question what they are being told. The only way to gain knowledge is to ask.. or ask and you shall seek. So please stand up and do the research for yourselves, or even ask members. Just ensure that you (as a conspiracy theorist) should not believe one source.

Ask and you shall seek...

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Knights -

You are absolutely right. I am a new member. I have been reading ats for about a year due to my interests in ufo's and aliens.

I am the first to admit that there is no open discussion. The conspiracy theorists here post their own ideas and opinions. Nothing is based in fact.

They quote people and web sites as proof. No concrete information.

No proof from mainstream science. Hasn't anyone heard of Carl Sagan?

The mention of different alien races is like an episode of star trek. And the alien agenda, which is known only to those here at ats.

Listen I am the first to believe in aliens but, there is no real physical evidence. I left a post to some one hear about the NWO and stated what I have just stated to you. I mentioned the name of Stanton Freedman. Who we know is a scientist. If I'm not mistaken a former nuclear physicist. This is a CREDABLE scientist.

I have heard hiim speak on various ufo related topics. My point is that he has credibility. These other people that are mentioned are mearly authors putting together loose facts and hearsay in book form so these conspiracy theorists can purchase them.

Just look at the author of the davinci code. He was just sued by another author for stealing the ideas he had printed in another book several years before. Incredible.

I cannot believe any of the posts here at ats because there is no solid evidence. It reminds me of the x-files. The writers have you going for 40 minutes and you think they are going to reveal something and then - nothing - we are left with the same question we faced at the begining of the show.

Take this business of the "stargate". before the movie, nothing. after the movie and the series began, i started to see posts about how the u.s. and russia had a "stargate". This is totally absurd.

There are so many things i find hysterical. The things people will believe.

And you are right about the way you get attacked.

There is actually someone here who claims he is an alien. He can manipulate minds, telaport himself and so on.

I really don't know if i'm going to keep visiting and posting on this site. This is not like the science channel.

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Bravo and Brave-Oh too. Well said. I ask tons of ?'s and quite often get "something" - but it is sometimes disinformative and serves to confuse. I'll still be patient and keep swingin' cause there isn't any choice.

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Don't get me wrong I will stay a member. The majority of members post and create threads because they are genuinely interested in a particular topic and I read with great pleasure.

I just feel MANY people post dis-info so they raise questions and make others believe by saying anything they wish to make their story bigger and better than any other (afew examples which I feel many will agree to an extent: "There is one conspiracy: the matrix has you", or "The Government is after me" (quoted from memory)).

Now I do not intend to rubbish any story, but not a single drop of evidence is given in many cases. Many of these people post purely to get attention from other people who like to believe there is something there other than 'the truth', people promise there is but no back up is given.

I just want to raise people's awareness to such issues and to state that afew dodgy sources does not mean 'the truth'. If many people belived half the stories they wouldn't leave their home everyday. I just think a more of a question approach should be encouraged instead of looked down upon.

[edit on 11-4-2006 by Knights]

join