It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange semi-repeating dream

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Ok, I've had this dream probably 10 times over the past 5 years or so. It's not exactly the same every time, but certain things are always present.

Since I don't know a thing about dream interpretation, I'm bringing it here hoping for some insight.

So, basically the dream goes like this: I'm standing outside, and I see a plane flying low in danger of crashing. It actually stalls out, and looks like it's ready to crash, but somehow does a flip (making a whipping sound), and regains control. In only 1 of the dreams, did the plane actually crash.

The differences between this dream when it repeats, are locations and timeframes. In one instance I was in ancient Egypt. In another I was in some futuristic neighborhood. The location is always different, the shape of the plane is always different, but the same thing always happens (except that once when it crashed).

Any ideas?

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 01:46 PM
link   
hmm thats odd,

so the main feature in the dream in the plane,

right going to ask an odd question,

After any of these dreams to your knowledge has there been a plane crash ect?

What is your feelings on planes? fear, or just normal?

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I've never noticed these dreams being associated with plane crashes in real life.

I have no fear of flying... in fact I quite like it. Some day (time&money permitting), I'm even considering taking classes so I can learn how to fly.

I thought perhaps after having the dream where the plane crashed, I'd cease to have the dream again, but it's happened a couple more times since then (without the plane crashing).

I'm having trouble associating the dream with something in RL, and normally I wouldn't try to associate a dream with anything, but the re-occuring nature makes me want to try and find a connection.

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 04:26 PM
link   
/found a link that may help explain at least something,
www.dreammoods.com...

Keep a log of the dreams you have

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Cool! Thanks asala...

I found this interesting bit in the dream dictionary about a plane crashing in a dream:

To dream that a plane crashes, suggests that you have set overly high and unrealistic goals for yourself. Your goals may be too high and are impossible to realize. You are in danger of having it come crashing down...

Setting goals too high... yep that sounds like me. I usually attain the goals I set for myself, but perhaps the plane almost crashing symbolizes how close I came to not acheiving a particular goal. And perhaps the 1 dream instance where the plane crashed, I did fail to acheive a goal, though I didn't notice.

I'll have to pay more attention to my current goals in life next time I have that dream.

new topics

top topics

join