It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran - Possible reason for Iraq and Afghanistan?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 08:46 PM
link   
After doing a bit of research on this matter, I will present to you another theory of the reason for Iraq. The current main theories are:-

* Oil
* WMD's
* Terrorists
* Bush is the next hitler

Well, here is another theory.
YeOldeHomer's Theory on Iraq

In late 2001 Afghanistan was attacked by coalition forces. In March 2003, Iraq was taken by the US and coalition forces. I still believe that no one knows the real story behind why we went to war, but this could be another possibility.

This map shows the nations (in green) that would allow US forces to use as a base to attack Iran before the War on Terror started. The red countries wouldn't let US forces in thier country and the grey I am unsure about.

As you can the see the only coutries to attack Iran's boarder from would be Kuwait, Pakistan and Turkey. However Pakistan and Turkey may have said no.

Any US aircraft attacking Iraq would be likey shot down whilst flying over hostile territory on their way to, or from, Iran.

Now the USA has been attacked by Iran twice in the past.

External Source
WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Iran is responsible for the
1983 suicide bombing of a U.S. Marine barracks in Beirut,
Lebanon, that killed 241 American servicemen, a U.S.
District Court judge ruled Friday.

www.cnn.com...

And let's not forget the embassy issue.

According to US and European intelligence services, Iran has had a secret Nuclear weapons program for 18 years. Is it possible the US is using Iraq and Afghanistan to attack Iran to avoid Iran getting Nuclear weapons? The US actually can stop Iran without having to worry about Iran sharing a boarder with a superpower. This is one of the reasons the USA didn't attack North Korea in light of their intentions for Nuclear weapons.

This map shows the nations (in green) that would allow US forces to use as a base to attack Iran after the War on Terror started. The red countries wouldn't let US forces in thier country and the grey I am unsure about.

Much more convinient huh?

Now I'm not saying that the US didn't invade Afghanistan because of 9/11, or Iraq because of WMD's, Terrorists and Oil. But perhaps all those things were just bonuses on the way to Iran?

Think about it.

[edit on 10-4-2006 by yeoldehomer]

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Here's another crackpot theory I've heard;

Bush's bloodline can be traced back to Pharoah Ramses and the real reason he invaded Iraq was to acquire some sort of ancient power-relic.

I don't believe in this... it's just one theory I figure I'd add to your list.

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Dear immature little child,

I never said that I believed the theories such as Bush being the next hitler, but I see them alot around here.

I also never said that Iran was the one sole reason for attacking Iraq and Afghanistan, I said it's possible that it was part of the overall plan though.

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 09:49 PM
link   
To tell you the truth, this idea did cross my mind at one point, but I see Iran's squeeze as more of a bonus. However, since the do-it-alone-and-do-it-on-the-cheap war in Iraq and our installation of Karzai, have we gotten ourselves into a mess, dug too big a hole, for us to be effective?
Besides, revenge ("they tried to kill my daddy" or "unfinished business" for Iraq, or decades old embassy fiasco--how blind we were then, even with all our CIA listening posts in Iran!) is not always sweet.

new topics

top topics

join