It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

high frequency whine

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I can hear the high frequency whine, usually from cheap monitors, and I can't stand it. I figure its around 19Khz. It is also in a song I recorded from the TV signal. The only way I can reduce it is to set the equilizer band 18-20Khz to zero. But then the song quality suffers as well. Is there a way to narrow down the annoying frequency to get rid of it? And can prolonged exposure to it damage your ears?

-Mike

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by TC Mike
And can prolonged exposure to it damage your ears?

Yes. The condition is called tinnitus.

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I often hear a high-frequency whine. But then my partner leaves the room

TD

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 01:44 PM
link   
CRT monitors and tv's give off an audible frequency about 16-18 KHz. Something to do with the electron guns or sommit. Buy lcd is about the only solution. And if it's still there when your in a quiet room with everything turned off, it is tinitus. turn the ipod down if so.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 07:31 PM
link   
its technology built off of core nazi germany. the us military developed their own crap to torture. now they can't be accused of using old nazi radio station crap. now its multi billion dollar junk that goes around looking for ghosts they can't find, now they have glasses that show up on their "ghost hunter" monitor. unfortunately i been on this crap since the day i was born on 7 20 1973. not the glasses that long though. it can give you a heart attack no problem. my dad was murdered by the united states secret military, and my sister amy, and my mom faye.

top topics

join