It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A massive severe weather outbreak underway

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 05:45 PM
link   
This could be one of the greatest severe weather outbreaks of all time. Supercell thunderstorms are developing from Indiana to Mississippi. There could be well over 200 reports of tornadoes by Saturday morning. Tornado watches cover a large part of the country from Ohio and Indiana to Mississippi. There have already been reports of major damage across Tennessee and now the tornadic.......

major weather event is happening..........

wwwa.accuweather.com...

(mod edit- all capped title)

[edit on 7-4-2006 by asala]

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 05:55 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Boy, am I glad I moved out of there. But I sure do miss the milder storms with the lightning and thunder, don't get much here.

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Prayers and good thoughts !!

When that front blew thru the Rockies it blew down telephone poles!

Some think, and I'm one of em, that this spring and summer are going to be Biblical, weather wise.

It's a hard rain a gonna fall_______B. Dylan

[edit on 7-4-2006 by whaaa]

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 06:03 PM
link   
cnn all over this story..........
cnn link

www.wkrn.com...
video with some footage

[edit on 7-4-2006 by flukemol]

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 06:07 PM
link   
You know, if you look at that map, the area that all
the dots comprise looks sorta like a tornado itself.

This shall be an interesting development to observe.

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 06:28 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 07:23 PM
link   
The southwest is getting it too.

Blowing Dust has shut down Interstate 10 between Las Cruces and the Arizona border. A blowing dust advisory as well as a wind advisory are in effect for West Texas and Southern New Mexico.

www.kfoxtv.com...

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 07:50 PM
link   
10 dead reporting from the cnn news dudes not good.pic below of one of the twisters from somebodys cell phone....

A twister captured on a cell phone camera by Gallatin, Tennessee, resident Isaac Cooper.

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 08:28 PM
link   

more on website here
www.newschannel5.com...

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Gosh thats awfull!

Please if anyof you live in the areas Take major care,

I cant imagine the fear the fear that must go through your mind when seeing such things, Scary

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 09:01 PM
link   
That's so scary! I've never seen hail like that!

Side Note - valkeryie I am right in that area of the Southwest and that's really nothing for this time of year. It happens all the time. Spring is very windy here and dust happens.

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 01:47 AM
link   
I'm around the same area and it hasn't been as windy as years before, it's been getting hotter sooner though. The first snowstorm of the year here happened the first day of spring, that was odd.

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 02:02 AM
link   
I caught a show on History the other night talking about weather weapons. The guy said there was no need for them because the US is hit by 10,000 severe thunderstorms, 5000 tornados, and 1000 floods every year.

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Sounds like it was a pretty unusual storm system (cue conspiracy theories - anything unsual must be eveidence of weather wars
)

It was forecast on Thursday though

Coincidently, we've had unconfirmned reports of giant hail and a possible small tornado in Manchester, England, overnight - also in conjunction with a cold front.

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Still an active tornado watch in Georgia:

www.spc.noaa.gov...

Tornadoes Sweep Through Tennessee, Kill 11 -Houston Chronicle

NASHVILLE, Tenn. — In the second wave of violent weather to hit the state in less than a week, severe thunderstorms and tornadoes tore off roofs, overturned cars and left 11 people dead.

While families of Sunday's tornado victims in the western counties of Dyer and Gibson planned funerals for this weekend, many residents of Sumner County began picking through newly flattened homes and mangled cars.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Rain pelts Metro Baptist Church in Goodlettsville, Tennessee, north of Nashville after a tornado struck during the afternoon of April, 7, 2006. Tornadoes battered the nation's midsection on Friday, killing 11 people in central Tennessee in the second deadly tornado outbreak in the state this week, officials said. REUTERS/ M. J. Masotti, Jr.

Tennesee storm photos here.
Videos available here

Tennessee Emergency Management Agency: www.tnema.org...
Nashville Area Red Cross: www.nashvilleredcross.org...

More Strong Storms on Saturday -Accuweather

Stay safe in the Southeast!

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
That's so scary! I've never seen hail like that!

Side Note - valkeryie I am right in that area of the Southwest and that's really nothing for this time of year. It happens all the time. Spring is very windy here and dust happens.

I did one time down in Arkansas, thanks for info that this is perfectly normal for that area.

As to the rest of the ATS family, how did the rest of us fair. Hope everyone in the south is just fine.

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Link

CNN) -- One day after storms killed 11 people in Tennessee, the Southeast got more severe weather Saturday as tornadoes touched down from Mississippi into western and northern Georgia, where warning sirens were blaring.

The initial edge of the storm, which was heading toward the Carolinas, was pushing into Atlanta, which began experiencing high winds by 4 a.m. Doppler radar identified tornadoes on the ground in four surrounding counties -- Polk, Bartow, Paulding and Cherokee, according to Galen Crader in CNN's Weather Center

Prayers to all in the affected areas.

[edit on 8-4-2006 by valkeryie] extra DIV
extra DIV

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 06:27 AM
link   
I am way up here in Cape Cod and

things look ugly here too. I havent seen darkness and cloudiness like

this in a long time.

I hope the rest of you are ok.

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 08:59 AM
link   
47 count for tornados no 200 like accuweather perdicted but we did get one tornado that traveled 20-30 mile path.amazing and hopeful there no more deaths.........

top topics

join