It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you seen this site?

page: 1

join
share:
CX

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Just came across this, the mods ok'd it and they'd heard of it but maybe theres a few here who had'nt.

cryptome.org...

For those who do'nt (like me) know what it's about, it states....

"Cryptome welcomes documents for publication that are prohibited by governments worldwide, in particular material on freedom of expression, privacy, cryptology, dual-use technologies, national security, intelligence, and secret governance -- open, secret and classified documents -- but not limited to those.
Documents are removed from this site only by order served directly by a US court having jurisdiction. No court order has ever been served; any order served will be published here -- or elsewhere if gagged by order. Bluffs will be published if comical but otherwise ignored."

If anyone had seen this before, could you tell me how reliable those documents are? For example, i was just browsing the very interesting subjects in the "cryptome archives" these can be found by scrolling down the page, they are numbered. One such document appears to be a letter outlining that Tony Blair is bound by agreement to go to war with the US!?

I quote, "There is a secret clause in the Trident submarine treaty that was signed by Mrs Thatcher in 1983. The secret clause states that the British Prime Minister is required to go to war if he/she gets the order from the President of the United States. You will appreciate that this information explains a lot, notably why Blair has repeatedly gone to war, but only when required to by the Americans. It also explains why Blair is so different from his Labour predecessors, such as Harold Wilson, who refused to send our troops to Vietnam in 1968. The secret agreement was designed by Thatcher to secretly tie the hands of British Prime Ministers for many years to come. Without naming sources, I received this information from a British Army officer a couple of years ago."

The full document is there on the site.

Any thoughts?

CX.

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I browse Cryptome regularly, great reading materials. I cannot prove to you how reliable it is, but I've seen no indications otherwise so far. Looks credible source to me.

At one time the guy got a visit from the FBI to have a chat with him, then he published the two FBI agents name on his web site so they got their pants in a bunch about it. That was teh funney! According to the Cryptome's author, he simply likes to writes about the inner workings of the government, no arms intended.

At another point he made a search to unclassify a couple NSA documents through the Freedom of Information Act for approx. $4000 or so, can't remember the exact number.

I think you will enjoy reading Cryptome!

join