It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AT&T Sends ALL Internet Traffic to NSA says EFF

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 06:36 PM
link   
This is the best website to help with that Bhadiar(sp?). It's www.eff.org and www.findlaw.com-Just type in your area code, and it should help you find legal cases dealing with it. I hope it helps you, and doesn't hurt anyone.
At least check them out.

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Every month I attend a telephone company retiree's luncheon with my Father. There are men there from all the telecommunication companies. Their ages range from the late 50's to 95. I have heard some stories from them regarding the governments intrusion into the main switch boxes and other wiring and that it has been going on for decades! The men were told to keep wiring and to not discuss with others when they came across unusual wire configurations. Big brother has been here for a long time._javascript:icon('
')

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Someone e-mail the daily show, and e-mail the goverment. Somebody's in trouble.

Thanks for the inside info. I've heard rumors about that in the news FOREVER around here. Man, that's so sad.
Anyway, do as above.

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 11:20 PM
link   
I wonder how many innocent e-mails gets flagged for hot button word content.

Example.

The president of the PTA launched an attack on illiteracy and started a special camp for foreign
students.

She lives in the white house on top of the hill with her husband George.

Word has it that she got really bombed at their last party and ended up with a bad case of poison ivy after a romp through the bushes.

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by cranefly
This is the best website to help with that Bhadiar(sp?). It's www.eff.org and www.findlaw.com-Just type in your area code, and it should help you find legal cases dealing with it. I hope it helps you, and doesn't hurt anyone.
At least check them out.

Thanks for the info, Cranefly!

Fortunately, I have ready access to some very good attorneys, corporate and otherwise, should the need, or even the desire, arise.

Even more fortunate is the fact that, as I said in my prior post, California customers (subscribers) to SBC/AT&T and other implicated telecoms do not need the services of an attorney to file a complaint with the State's PUC; the commission has specifically designed the process to be as simple as possible for the layperson to utilize.

There is even an option to file your complaint on-line.

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 06:52 AM
link   
The plot thickens.... just read this article about AT&T and privacy, there's been news stories floating around how AT&T copied the entire internet for the NSA....

apnews.myway.com...

The most contentious issue in the new legislation is whether to shield telecommunications companies from civil lawsuits for allegedly giving the government access to people's private e-mails and phone calls without a court order between 2001 and 2007.

Some lawmakers, including members of the Senate Judiciary Committee, appear reluctant to grant immunity. Suits might be the only way to determine how far the government has burrowed into people's privacy without court permission.

The committee is expected to decide this week whether its version of the bill will protect telecommunications companies.

Mark Klein, a retired AT&T technician, helped connect a device in 2003 that he says diverted and copied onto a government supercomputer every call, e-mail, and Internet site access on AT&T lines.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join