It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Roswell really did happen here is proof

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Ok, just to let you goes who think or dont think that Roswell really did happen, here is something. i will try and find the link again and post it, but it went like this. i was readying a tech magazine online and there was this scientist who created a metal that was as thin as aluminum foil and flexible as it. but here is the thing, it could not be torn, nor cut. and he even dropped a ball of this metal onto a block of steel and it bounced. He made a comment that it is similar to the stuff collected at Roswell, Interesting article i will find it and post it

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I heard, saw, or read something like that recently, too, but I don't recall where. There has been so MUCH stuff about UFOs lately on the History Channel.
Of course, there are also my own experiences connected with Roswell....and that makes me SURE that some crashes DID happen in the Roswell area.

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I found some links about this, it seemed pretty interesting. The last one only has a paragraph or two over the material, but the first two I thought were good.

www.ufos-aliens.co.uk...
tonyrogers.com...
www.majesticdocuments.com...

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Could the millitary ever use these morphing metals as infantry armor? Surely a rocket would still do damage, just from the force of the explosion and impact. But bullets wouldnt penetrate it so wouldnt that be cool, and if they could get it in a shirt-like shape, wouldnt it also be very comfortable? Anyways, i think these new metals and everything about roswell is awsome.

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 05:59 PM
link   
let it go guys... this didnt hapen.

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by 9ine_Lives
let it go guys... this didnt hapen.

Why say you, 9ine_Lives?

Surely you could contribute more to the discussion than a simple one line quip in dismissal. Perhaps you might elaborate a bit on WHY you feel "Roswell" didn't happen? Something did "happen" near Roswell, that's fact. What do you feel/think it was? Weather Balloons, your thoughts here, etc.?

Just curious.

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12m8keall2c
Why say you, 9ine_Lives?

Surely you could contribute more to the discussion than a simple one line quip in dismissal. Perhaps you might elaborate a bit on WHY you feel "Roswell" didn't happen? Something did "happen" near Roswell, that's fact. What do you feel/think it was? Weather Balloons, your thoughts here, etc.?

Actually, i do belive for once in my life that the government was testing the weather baloons near Roswell. And i think that everyone is blowing the whole think right out of proportion since it began, and it annoys me when i see more stories comig up assosiated with Roswell...who knows, i WORK for the government, maybe they got to me?

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 06:58 PM
link   
The only problem with Roswell is not whether something happened but what happened.
I think everyone in UFOlogy agrees something happened it's the what they can't seem to get a handle on. Even folks like Stan Friedman can't make it over that last hump into clear and convincing evidence for a crashed saucer.

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by longhaircowboy
I think everyone in UFOlogy agrees something happened it's the what they can't seem to get a handle on. Even folks like Stan Friedman can't make it over that last hump into clear and convincing evidence for a crashed saucer.

Maybe this is evidence in itself that something significant happened that they don't want us to know about. Maybe there was a UFO crash, or maybe that's just disinfo. I definitely don't buy the weather balloon stuff, but that could've been thrown out there to give the UFO scenario more credibility and to obscure what really happened. Or again, maybe it really was a UFO.

I once heard someone remark that this event had layers upon layers of info/disinfo thrown upon it, and I can absolutely see where this person was coming from.

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Roswell conspiracy...is a conspiracy on its own...its the start of disclosure..purposly and intentionally.

They even had replicas of test dummies they said were used in the 'weather' experiments...these dummies were made 'after' the accident. Ie a lie.

So why the lie? Because they WANT you to believe its a lie. They forcefully and intentionally 'muck up' stories to make people think. It divides to people who conform to rule, or against it. It allows for identification and monitoring.

911 was same principle. Everyone talks about the inconsistancies of these attacks, the bombs going off, the buildings collapsing in 'demolition' style. The gov WANT you to think its a conspiracy... again to identify and monitor those who believe it. People are falling into that trap.

Same goes with the anti-scientology websites/southpark episodes. Any publicity is GREAT publicity. Willingly or unwillingly these people are doing scientologists a favour. Gets people interested... by then you're already sucked in.

One thing I know about heirarichal systems.....is that it works in a crisscross motion. One level you are taught something, then a few levels above, you are taught differently on what you learned before. If you decide to 'leave' the indoctrination, you spill the beans on the level you are on, but what happens? Its disinformation released to the public!

I mean with scientology beliefs on xenu and all this intergalactic stuff. Could all and well be true...to the level that person is on. But more than likely if they go further...they will understand something different, even totally opposite. They release the info and boom outsiders think these people are following the anti-xenu phenominon. When in reality, its all BS disinformation, and the 'dedicated' find out the true purpose after many years furthering their OT levels.

The realitiy is, no one knows what is really going on, leaked information is true to the level these people are on, so what are you going to believe?

Time will tell.

merger

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Ok everyone here is the link to where i originally found the article.. what do you think.. the scientist goofed when he admitted it.

fpiarticle.blogspot.com...

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 04:39 AM
link   
This might be our man then:

Dr. William L. Johnson

Ruben & Donna Mettler Professor of Engineering & Applied Science

Expertise
Materials processing, amorphous alloys, advanced materials.
www.aph.caltech.edu...

Here's the original article:

It is called metallic glass, or amorphous metal, and it appears to be nothing less than an entirely new class of material that can be used to build lighter, stronger versions of anything. “Everything from an Abrams tank to an F-16 jet to a bicycle can be made out of this, and because it is two to three times the strength of conventional alloys, you can halve the weight or more. That’s not evolutionary, it’s revolutionary,” says Johnson. “This is the structural material of the future.”

Strength is not its only virtue. It can also be formed like a plastic. So instead of laboriously making sheet metal and then cutting, machining, and drilling, say, a car fender, all of which weakens the part, a glassy metal fender could be injection-molded in one piece—a breakthrough. “The idea that you can cast something like a plastic part with very high strength is a completely new development,” says materials science professor William Nix of Stanford University, an adviser to Liquidmetal Technologies, which is trying to commercialize the metal.
www.discover.com...

It's just odd that something like this was talked about as being 'discovered' 60 years ago, and suddenly someone 'invents' it.

Going with the crashed saucer theory, it is not unreasonable to think that anything they found would be analysed and replicated in the lab for later use and production.

Memory metals are pretty good too, even in the optician down the road you can buy glasses you can screw up in your hand and they spring back to shape.

You can buy your own demo kit and watch a video from here:

mrsec.wisc.edu...

[edit on 10-4-2006 by AgentSmith]

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Witness testimony at Roswell was that the metal wouldn't be destroyed no matter what they did to it. Then this was explained away saying it was a mylar balloon? I've torn mylar balloons myself, and when it crumbles, it doesn't go back to perfect shape. Interestingly enough though, Vitaloy is released 55 years later?

Oddly enough, the first glassy metal was developed in 1957 by Dr. Pol Duwez at Caltech. I couldn't find much online about him. All I found was the standard one line Wikipedia answer. The only time I found something other than the one line biography was in reference to his work.

Is it possible that it took ten years to first create something comparable to the Roswell material, then another 40 to perfect it for commercial use?

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
...Is it possible that it took ten years to first create something comparable to the Roswell material, then another 40 to perfect it for commercial use?

I suspect this material has been used for advanced military purposes for many years - I heard somewhere the high tech military equipment can be 50 years ahead of what is available commercially. And if we are to believe Philip Corso, this new material should help US industry to deal with say probelms with steel imports....

[edit on 10-4-2006 by foofoo]

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Vitreloy had countless uses. One of my favorites is that it can be made into a metalic foam. Apparently bubbles can be made inside the metal, and hold there until cool.

Better yet, it can be readily made into a foam. “With most metals that’s difficult, because the bubbles want to rise to the surface of the molten metal,” says Johnson. The fact that amorphous metal is thick and like plastic when molten permits the formation of a foam panel that is 99 percent air but roughly 100 times stronger than polystyrene. A sandwich made of two thin sheets of amorphous metal flanking amorphous foam would be strong, light, insulating, fireproof, bug-proof, rustproof, sound dampening, and difficult to penetrate with bombs. Such panel could form buildings, ship hulls, airplanes, and car bodies.
www.liquidmetal.com...

possibly a star-ship hull?

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Hey guys, I don't know if anyone has ever posted this or read it, so, I figured it would be proper for this thread.

Link

Link 2

LInk 3

This one has pictures
Link w/ Pics

[edit on 10-4-2006 by mrjenka]

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by longhaircowboy
The only problem with Roswell is not whether something happened but what happened.

Well, we (History Channel) have reports of (3 I think) bodies recovered, and they're described as small or child-sized, now...let's just assume that they were humans and were adults.

1. If it was secret aircraft testing, anything they were testing back then is (by now) retired, and so it'd be useless to keep those names secret and the information and such.

2. There'd be the same reaction to this as there was to United 93, what did those people do? Are they heroes? Etc. etc.

Personally I think it's something they don't want us to know, since it's been covered up for ~60 years. That and I recall watching a program on the history or discovery channel about the incident, and about mysterious firefighters and such. That there were fire fighters there that noone had a record of, etc. etc.

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Interesting info about that Liquidmetal.

I personally believe that a UFO crashed at Roswell only because the Army themselves said so. They approved the press release. When Generals got involved, they realized the enormity of the statement and immediatly started damage control with a cover story about a weather balloon. If it had happened in today's times, it very well might have been a satelite story. But weather balloons were common back then.

To think that a Major from a base that routinely launches weather balloons could not correctly indentify it is just silly. OK, so even if its Project Mogul parts, I think the terrestial origin of anything would have been apparent. I mean a gauge is a gauge, a vacuum tube is a vacuum tube, a screw is a screw. But yet the Army's initial response was "We got one, Woooo-hoooo"

So starts the most famous cover-up in history. And still going strong!!!

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ericds
I found some links about this, it seemed pretty interesting. The last one only has a paragraph or two over the material, but the first two I thought were good.

www.ufos-aliens.co.uk...
tonyrogers.com...
www.majesticdocuments.com...

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by 9ine_Lives

Originally posted by 12m8keall2c
Why say you, 9ine_Lives?

Actually, i do belive for once in my life that the government was testing the weather baloons near Roswell. And i think that everyone is blowing the whole think right out of proportion since it began, and it annoys me when i see more stories comig up assosiated with Roswell...who knows, i WORK for the government, maybe they got to me?

Suggest you find and see Masson's 2001-2005 videos, you may forget Roswell after seeing it. It's a shocker.

Dallas

join