It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Civil War Scenario

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Ok, lets say that some major crisis happens all throughout the united states and there is speculation on whether or not this was an accident.

Then some outside group comes in and seizes control and the people discover that this was a planned attack by a secret society (like the illuminati) and the government has been a puppet of this society dating all the way back to the revolutionary war.

Now this secret society has built up a private army large enough to pull off its bloody military coup. so they begin capturing key points of potential resistance with surgical precision due to decades of planning. A large majority of the armed forces has bolstered the forces of this secret society because of their blind devotion to the country.

So the society spreads its propaganda across the U.S. saying that this is for the good of america. they state that their intent is to establish a kind of dictatorship but not to oppress the people, just to make sure that the well-being of the country is put in the most capable hands possible. They claim that this will usher in a new era of economic growth and technological advancement.

Now America is divided in Civil War. one side opposes this coup and wants america to stay the way it was. they see this as the biggest affront to basic civil rights to date. They see the soldiers of the secret society as terrorists and this "reform" as nothing short of a full scale invasion. this side makes up the "resistance" or freedom fighters.

The other side is the side that sees this as a good thing, they think that this coup will change things for the better. They beleive that people will be safer and that America will be even farther ahead of the rest of the world. It will be americas own Great Leap Forward program except it wont shatter the economy and starve millions of people, silly commies

In this scenario what side do you think you would choose?

I would choose the resistance, I am all for the advancement of human society but we cant lose our human values in the process.

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 09:02 PM
link   
If they paid me off I wouldn't do a thing.

If not, then I would become a rebel.

Although if they did pay me off they might have to deal with a couple of IED's against some of their supporters, just so I had some dignity.

[edit on 5-4-2006 by ImplementOfWar]

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 09:21 PM
link   
look at it in terms of winning the war. The society will more than likely have weapons that we have never seen before weapons decades ahead of their time.

The rebels will more than likely be outnumber, outgunned, and outsmarted at every turn. Lets not forget that they would have been planning this for decades and I would wager that the majority of those years were spent on how best to counter an insurgency.

If you were to join the rebels then you would have to love freedom and really beleive in what you are fighting for, not just for the thrill of being a rebel or "rooting for the underdogs".

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 09:51 PM
link   
We would lose.

I think we would be screwed. The average Constitutional/Freedom defender in the US is lightly armed with the vast majority of them having no idea how to fight a modern army or a force with modern weapons. I think the US would lose. The defense industry is just as rich as the oil companies. They would likely be the one's who were under the "Illuminati" influence. So I assume the US Military would be in rough shape when their Generals all turned out to be under the influence of the "illuminati" and their equipment manufacturers turned a cold shoulder. So I think with our Military in such sad shape at that point facing a force with modern weapons (like an air force or space based weapons), I think we wouldn't know what to do.

"North Korea will not have nuclear weapons" -President Bush
-North Korea tests a nuclear weapon.
President Bush shuts up.

I dont think we have the intestinal fortitude to stomach something like that out. The US's superioty is tested and our arrogance and conceitness turns into fear. Any disruption in the food and water supply will be enought o make most Americans cry, they would be ready to surrender to slavery at that point.

[edit on 5-4-2006 by ImplementOfWar]

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I would think that our only hope would be help from a foreign country. Perhaps one of the countries might be sympathetic to our situation.

Also, some of the countries like Russia and China might see it in their best interest to stop this coup. For years they have been paranoid that the U.S. would invade them, and now that it is about to become an aggresive dictatorship their worst fears would be coming true.

They might not even care about the rebellion or even know it exists. But they would help our cause nonetheless.

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 12:14 AM
link   
No one would help the United States.

What they WOULD do, is allow the Coup to succeed, then, in it's weakened state, launch an invasion of their own, with the possible use of propaganda to re-incite the rebellion and win them over to their cause.

It's much easier to lead a rebellion when the opressors don't know where you're located, where you're going to strike, and just how many people are involved.

Take a real life war for example, the current war in Iraq. If you actually buy into the thought of this insurrection being orchestrated by some shadowy terrorists organization then you've fallen for the oldest trick in the book: Deception. Personally, I feel this was all in Saddams plan in fighting the US should war come to Iraq again. He learned the first time that he cannot win in a head to head match, therefore he allowed US forces to defeat a relatively unprepared, under gunned force, and allowed them to believe that victory was at hand. Then the insurgency began.

I feel the same situation would be the best method to apply in the US, especially if these people are as well-equipped and trained as you say they are.

As to whether or not who Id side with, it's all situational. Everyone can say they'd side with the rebels in order to defend their basic rights, but you have to question yourself:

How much longer can this facade of a democracy exist, and is it truly in your best interest to support a government corrupted to the very core?

Sometimes choosing the lesser of two evils is the most humane decision available.

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 03:25 PM
link   
The Scenerio that you mentioned, in my opinion, fails to recognise some of the wild card factors that are currently present in the US. Hawaii and Alaska would probably pull away from the US, seeing it as a means to break ties and declare independance, if not seek help from the international community to achieve that goal. Then there is the some 400+ small independant nations who would decide not to follow either, (Native Americans, as they would not trust either side.) I think in a Civil War, depending on who was leading it, the country would split into 4 parts. You would have those who supported a coup. You would have those who did not support the coup on the other side. Then you would have some groups who would be very interested in seeing the US fall, and the would provide alot in the way of support to any side who would take it, and then there would be those who desire to seperate from the US fully and completely. A 4 sided war, where neither side will have an upperhand as it would be to busy trying to keep what ever ground it covered or got ahold of.

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by sdcigarpig
The Scenerio that you mentioned, in my opinion, fails to recognise some of the wild card factors that are currently present in the US. Hawaii and Alaska would probably pull away from the US, seeing it as a means to break ties and declare independance, if not seek help from the international community to achieve that goal. Then there is the some 400+ small independant nations who would decide not to follow either, (Native Americans, as they would not trust either side.) I think in a Civil War, depending on who was leading it, the country would split into 4 parts. You would have those who supported a coup. You would have those who did not support the coup on the other side. Then you would have some groups who would be very interested in seeing the US fall, and the would provide alot in the way of support to any side who would take it, and then there would be those who desire to seperate from the US fully and completely. A 4 sided war, where neither side will have an upperhand as it would be to busy trying to keep what ever ground it covered or got ahold of.
This is probably true. The North would defiinitely go its way, and the South would its as well(all joking aside) And the west coast would be out there as well. The midwest would suffer the most having the least economic opportunities as well as no ports, so it would be caught in the middle, literally. As far as the 'government' goes, its made of people, just like it was in the 1850's leading up to the civil war, and soldiers will not rise a hand against their own people. Trust me on that one, there may be a few, but most of them will not.

the actual likelyhood of another civil war is slim though, I cant see it happening.

new topics

top topics

join